• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Updated my sig so I could see how I have done in the past 7 days. Not too shabby I think lol. +995 ranks and 40K/24hrs.

Not to familiar with the GPU but these numbers look fine. Especially the 26k from your 2600K look excellent :thup:

Yeah, it seems that most folders use AMD GPUs. Do they fold better or something? Also, it seems cpu folding (4P) folding is preferred over GPU folding here. I am guessing cpu is more efficient?

Last edited:
4p machines are able to fold bigadv work units that give a lot of points.

Generally nvidia cards are more consistent with folding as amd compatibility is still in beta. Hopefully that will go public soon.

NAN stands for Not-A-Number. It means that not only did the calculation mess up and get the incorrect result - but it glitched so badly that the result was not even a finite number. Square root of a negative number is an example or dividing by a number very close to zero, etc.

4p machines are able to fold bigadv work units that give a lot of points.

Generally nvidia cards are more consistent with folding as amd compatibility is still in beta. Hopefully that will go public soon.

Oh ok. I see now.

Yep, we're quite a small team and only 2 remained to hold the fort. :salute::salute:

Going right back there this afternoon, we lost a couple hard-earned positions during the race. :attn:

no fear dostov, we will hit the ground running stronger than ever.

it appears i will drop at least another 100k before the end of the cc for ocf then its back home for most of my folders. keeping a few going here though.

Weather seems to be getting hotter so I am out until it cools down. Good work team keep it up. Only 2 hours left!!!!!

Updated my sig so I could see how I have done in the past 7 days. Not too shabby I think lol. +995 ranks and 40K/24hrs.

I was close behind you for the majority of the race, lost some ground last night as my internet connection went down and couldn't get any new work units though! (Wasn't folding 24/7)

Just submitted my last chunk of work for the competition. Great work everyone. It has been a lot of fun. Now I can let my circuit panel have a bit of a rest. :)

10 and 11 am update.

A look at our daily team production, before and during the race. Start date was 4/13.

cc_0423DailyProductionGraph.PNG

°°°°°:thup:°°°°°:thup:°°°°°:thup:

(dynamic - it will update at 11:30 am when data for 11, becomes available)
points_all_adj2.png

30 Minutes to Go!​

Last edited:
2 minutes!!!​

@Johan and kyfire: Great having you race with us - great job! :thup: :soda:

It's Over!!!​

Have to wait until 12:25 or so for the official update figures.

And that is that! It was a fun race again. Thank you to all that helped me get up and running and thanks for all the hard work everyone put in.

Back