• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine are vertically-mounted so I can't really attach anything to the backplate, there just isn't much, if any, room. I can't really mount them horizontally, as the room isn't there, either. My ASUS ROG STRIX is in a Lian Li O11-D and there's definitely not enough room - the EVGA FTW3 is in a larger O11-D XL and I CAN, but the power connectors squash up against the glass - but then, I've got the glass off for weeks now to facilitate cooling.

I just want to get the cooling as top-notch as possible to facilitate longevity.

IMG_20200721_182541.jpg

@ tR

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/newslette...3080-3090-backplates-shop&utm_term=2021-04-08

Looks like EKWB has been listening. Active backplate for 3080/3090 gpus.

Yes, so far they have the active-cooling waterblock backplate for the FE, the EVGA XC3 and the Zotac Trinity cards... not mine yet, though. I've got an ASUS ROG STRIX and an EVGA FTW3 Ultra.

Just gotta wait, I guess...

I looked at the mp5works version and that's not what I'm looking for at all. I supposed I should start collecting parts to get the watercooling set up anyways, I know I'm gonna do it, probably to both of them.

Well, I have a 6700XT on the way and the 3060Ti prebuilt will be shipped on the 16th.

Pinky, not sure why you are having troubles. I have Gemini set up as my exchange for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Super smooth sailing so far. I used Robinhood to get in and out of Doge several times.

Is it possible your bank is not crypto friendly?

I don't think it is my bank. I think I am making it harder than it is. I think I need to convert my doge, ETH, or BTC to something before I can withdraw it. I am trying to avoid a wallet at the moment. Again I can't imagine binance would make it this hard and I am just missing something. I have one other friend who is mining and dabbling in crypto. See if he can find what I am missing.

It took me almost 2 months to get Binance to accept my bank. That was not on the bank. It was all on Binance. They were overloaded at the time and I couldn't access that portion of the website.

It took me almost 2 months to get Binance to accept my bank. That was not on the bank. It was all on Binance. They were overloaded at the time and I couldn't access that portion of the website.

I double checked my linked accounts. I have it linked to two different checking accounts through my bank. If you had doge and wanted to eventually have cash in your hand what is the best way? What steps??

Example. If I log into my TD ameritrade account.
1. my account (defaults to when I open anyway)
2. Withdraw
3. I then have simple to click button that say Transfer to your bank.
4. Amount, which checking account.
5. Done

Very easy, very simple.

I am either missing something or dense when it comes to crypto.

When I do watch youtube videos or walkthrough/read throughs I don't see the same buttons/options they have on the screen. Sometimes it is an outdated video, European version which is slightly different.

This is the screen I see when I click withdraw doge.

Attachments

• withdraw help pic.JPG
    withdraw help pic.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 124
Hopefully someone has some advice for you Pinky. I haven't actually tried to withdraw from Binance yet. I'm still in a hodl pattern atm.

I spent the last few days working on an open air mining station. This is a dual-PSU 8 GPU set-up. My PCIe risers finally showed up yesterday so I was able to finish it. Now to wait for GPU prices to fall. Lol

20210413_211553.jpg

20210413_220654.jpg

20210413_223705.jpg

(Note: I've already relocated the fans from the back of the rig to the front, blowing to the rear. Now my hair isn't blowing in the wind all day.)

Last edited:
So, I had a window open and I copy and pasted what I had into this post. Hopefully that gives us something to continue the conversation on. Post on the top are oldest with post on the bottom are newest
Niku-Sama on 04-16-21, 05:28 PM

out of curiosity i went to the DOGE faucet to see how much it gives out now since i noticed it was dependent on market price

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is 1008x74.
Name: doge faucet.png
Views: 80
Size: 4.0 KB

for reference at time of posting doge is 0.3666
thought it might be interesting to revisit down the road and see how much its changed, if at all.

side note:
DOGE faucets website states "Share - 11,209,515 Ɖ given - Balance: 1,480 Ɖ"
stompah

Quote Originally Posted by stompah View Post
I am starting to think the base 3060 is above average as a miner. Current hashrates:

3060 - 56MH/s @ 99w
3070 - 47MH/s @ 119w
5700XT - 55.7MH/s @ ??? TeamRedMiner doesn't list the wattage for me and I don't want to start up Pheonix for it.

3060s may be a steal if you can have one on the master 16x slot on each of your rigs.
3060 update:

Ok, so windows updated on me. Now I am at 28MH/s current, with a dismal average of 20.04MH/s

I wonder if Windows update changed my video driver? We will find out tonight.

ZL1

3060 update:

Ok, so windows updated on me. Now I am at 28MH/s current, with a dismal average of 20.04MH/s

I wonder if Windows update changed my video driver? We will find out tonight.
yep, that it does
gotta disable automatic driver updates or disable all updates lol
stompah

Still shows the 470.05 driver in both afterburner and windows device manager. I'm going to DDU and reinstall.
stompah

Update on the 3060 issue:

So, Windows update really shafted me. They uninstalled the 470.05 driver and made it so it cannot be reinstalled even after a roll back of Windows updates. Error is that the driver is not compatible with my version of Windows.

I do not have time to tinker with it any further at the moment. So it is idling, later tonight I will reinstall an older version of Windows 10 and then block updates.

Please send your thoughts and prayers that Windows did not manage to write to the video card.

Janus67

Update on the 3060 issue:

So, Windows update really shafted me. They uninstalled the 470.05 driver and made it so it cannot be reinstalled even after a roll back of Windows updates. Error is that the driver is not compatible with my version of Windows.

I do not have time to tinker with it any further at the moment. So it is idling, later tonight I will reinstall an older version of Windows 10 and then block updates.

Please send your thoughts and prayers that Windows did not manage to write to the video card.
F, that really sucks!

Also crazy to see doge be 0.33 each as of right now

mobile app

ZL1

stompah you can rollback updates in general to remove the blocker

+1 on crazy doge, but still weary as well, missed out, but not too worried .. what bugs me is I missed out on XMR, ETC and BCH, which I truly like, but sold (and or lost in a recent rekt incident, I do that, dont I ? )

so I bought EOS today (funny to all that remember how many times I shorted that), call me crazy, but .. in this crazy market its the one thing that didnt truly move .. and I mean after seeing ETC go parabolic (ironically not too long after I sold(cough) all I held for ages :/ ) something tells me EOS may be due, thoughts ?
most older coins have 500+ % gains YTD, EOS has 143 ... whats that, and its still a midcap coin, not like its a forgotten thing like WDC or EAC (found those while combing old backups for the 1million DOGE I once had ... kid you not, back in 2013-14 I bought 1mil just to have a mil of something .. but Im pretty sure I sold it back in 2014 so meh whats the point it was likely on cryptsy too so go find any records :/ hint hint to anyone feeling sad about selling a btc or something back in the day

Niku-Sama

yea i thought the same about DOGE, get a few million just for fun.
it was one of those things i told my self that i would do later but never did...

well at least i was able to mine a few hundred before it shot up too high.

as far as EOS, i havent looked too much into it. A quick search reveals they got some VC Grant. that bothers me a bit. If its not well managed what happens after the grant money runs out? why'd you apply for the grant to start with? were there troubles?
I mean i work for a non profit, we get grants all the time but we arent making crypto...

I've been happy with my VET/VTHO investments and recently i put a few bucks into BNB so i could trade for something called SafeMoon over on pancake (another would be cool to have a few million of something) but its doing well too so i might get some more after its next drop.

ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
yea i thought the same about DOGE, get a few million just for fun.
it was one of those things i told my self that i would do later but never did...

well at least i was able to mine a few hundred before it shot up too high.

as far as EOS, i havent looked too much into it. A quick search reveals they got some VC Grant. that bothers me a bit. If its not well managed what happens after the grant money runs out? why'd you apply for the grant to start with? were there troubles?
I mean i work for a non profit, we get grants all the time but we arent making crypto...

I've been happy with my VET/VTHO investments and recently i put a few bucks into BNB so i could trade for something called SafeMoon over on pancake (another would be cool to have a few million of something) but its doing well too so i might get some more after its next drop.
oh they wont run out anytime soon ) EOS is block.one, block.one ran the biggest ICO of them all back in the day, they still hold billions in btc the issue with EOS and block.one is that they havent done much with that money, but then again what did DOGE do ?

stompah

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 View Post
stompah you can rollback updates in general to remove the blocker

That did not work for me. Trying something else, which has turned into a project and a half.

EDIT to explain the Project and a half:

So, I received a 3060Ti prebuild from Redux. (Great assembly but the CoolerMaster case is very cheap and they mangled the fins on the 212 CPU cooler.) I had decided I would run the 3060 in this system. Then I noticed that there may be room to use a PCIe riser to run the 3060Ti. But the cheap little High Power PSU only had connections for 1 GPU. So I decided to break out the Gigabyte 750w PSU I got with a Newegg bundle.

First, I did not see 2 cables that went to a PSU I bought. Freaking thought Gigabyte had lost it's mind when they pieced this thing together. Second, could not set up the GPUs to get power to both and the PCIe riser. But wait, there is more. I wanted to help mitigate the problem of SATA not being able to supply the proper voltage. So, I pieced together 2 SATA adapters on seperate cables to power the PCIe riser. But the 2-6pin to 8 pin adapter I had had two of the pins connecter on the adapter. The plastic was molded that way. So, I split it with a razer and jammed her home.

Now you would think reboot and DDU the driver and install the 470.05 driver... Right... unfortunately the folder that I had created with that driver on the 3060 system was shockingly never transferred to the thumb drive that I plugged in. Shocking. Of course that 3060 is now nestled in it's new home and I do not feel like reversing the process just to transfer a driver. So, now I search and search for the file on my main PC. Successfully transfer it to said thumb drive and now I am getting a reported 45MH/s with the 3060.

TL : DR - After some bad choices and even worsererer choices I finally have my 3060 mining at full capacity.

Niku-Sama

Originally Posted by ZL1 View Post
oh they wont run out anytime soon ) EOS is block.one, block.one ran the biggest ICO of them all back in the day, they still hold billions in btc the issue with EOS and block.one is that they havent done much with that money, but then again what did DOGE do ?
yea they literally gave it away but they also didnt pump it full of cash either.
Either way this is all uncharted territory that we are pioneering, i'm not totally writing it off but other things are more interesting at the moment for me.
I know to keep an open mind about a lot of these unless its a blatant copy cat or a troll.

like a twisted stock market that never closes. I keep having to remind people at work when they ask me what DOGE closed at today....it never closes.

as far as what i did today, i bought 2,350,844 SafeMoon today. it took binance 3 hours to send it to trust wallet. they are getting hammered.
I'm the most worthless millionaire you may know now

reposting this with the image re-embedded in it from the forum roll back

Niku-Sama on 04-16-21, 05:28 PM

out of curiosity i went to the DOGE faucet to see how much it gives out now since i noticed it was dependent on market price

doge faucet.png

for reference at time of posting doge is 0.3666
thought it might be interesting to revisit down the road and see how much its changed, if at all.

side note:
DOGE faucets website states "Share - 11,209,515 Ɖ given - Balance: 1,480 Ɖ"

thanks for the save Stompah

edit: 4/21/21

OH NOES!

theres no more DOGE left in the faucet!

Last edited:
Thanks, pure luck that I had that window open on my desktop.

ya ... wtf happened ? ... a rollback, wow, first time I see something like this on ocf

They won't say what happened. But I suspect they were mining Dogecoin with the server and it corrupted the database. LOL

whats interesting is that i did get the same cloud flare error page on another crypto site so that might not be too far off...

So it looks like ETH is holding its gains pretty well, in spite of the up and down of BTC. They've been pretty close on their gains and losses up until lately. Looks like ETH has gained ground on BTC, maybe that will continue. I can sure hope so...

As of this posting, ETH is $2555.92, BTC is $53,414.46.

Binance made some interesting changes, at least on the US version. not sure they are good changes.

I wanted to buy some BNB so I could get some more Safemoon, 10mil sounds good. I only need about 60 USD worth of BNB to get that much.
I deposited a little more than $60 from my debit card to cover fees, put an order in for BNB. When it filled later it left $4 USD behind. i thought what ever. at the time it gave me 0.0995 BNB

Went to transfer to trust wallet and the minimum changed, minimum allowed for withdrawal 0.1 BNB from binanace.us

earlier this week i managed to buy $25 in BNB and it used the whole amount i told it to buy and i was able to transfer it to trust no problem. the amount transferred was 0.0498

just struck me as a little odd

So, I saw that RYO is mining for 3x the profit of ETH. I switched over a few cards to it. Hopefully, I am able to transfer to ETH/BTC/USD before the bottom drops out of it.

Minerstat is showing RYO as profitable, but not more than ETH. Which site are you using?

Whattomine.com Yesterday it was triple ETH's profit. This morning when I woke up it was less than ETH. So I switched back to ETH.

So today was the first day that I heard my HP server power supply take off. I think it may have moved a few inches.

Back