• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

203 Protein...Now this is a BIG protein

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

The 203 protein is HUGE!!

Only 20 frames but it takes my rig 33 minutes 58 sec to crunch one:eek:

Anyone else have one of these and what are your times?

CharlesHF

beau_safken said:
The 203 protein is HUGE!!

Only 20 frames but it takes my rig 33 minutes 58 sec to crunch one:eek:

Anyone else have one of these and what are your times?

I had a 210, it was taking 34 on my computer.

Kaneda

i got a 6000 and its taking FOREVOR!! on the 1600 in my sig.

def1/pdbdef1.xyz

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
i will make sure the current projects on the team page get updated tomorrow, can't do it tonight though :\ not at home!

FOLD ON
NAS

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
My box has been working on NOTHING but pAla7-2 proteins (192) for the past 4 days. 10 points each :D
I think I've finished 3 of them

"Project 192 examines the behavior of a small, 7-amino acid peptide in explicit solvent. We are using it to test our new methodology involving explicit water representation, as well as to try to learn something about the behavior of the basic units of protein structure. The reason for this work-unit being as large as it is, is the fact that here we are simulating not only the protein, but also hundreds of water molecules around it. So, even though the protein itself is small, the total number of atoms in our simulation is large. "

JetMech

beau_safken said:
Whats the website that shows point value anyway?
P201-210 = 12 days = 7.6 points per wu. They take 11.2hrs on machines that are doing a frame in 33.5 min/frame. That's over 15 points per day on one machine. Gimme all you got Stanford. I was just looking at the points page and all of the 0.6point proteins are gone (for right now anyway). This project is getting real heavy on slow machines.