• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

20C IDLE / 25C LOAD Temps on Aeroflow - Very Weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bagel5009

Disabled
I dont understand. i have a vantec aeroflow, and my temps are 20-25, while watercooling kits are ussually in the 30's. My case temp is 70F too. I dont understand how this could cool as good or better than a water cooling kit. I was considering getting one, but it looksl like i wont get a performance benefit.

Heres my setup

2 Intake Theremoflow Fans
4 Exhaust Thermoflow Fans
1 Exhaust Blow Hole Fan
1 Exhaust Window Fan

Vantec Aeroflow Heatsink W/ Tmd Fan

Dual Power System (DPS) W/ Built In Fan (Came With Mobo)

Sinxp1394 Gigabyte Mobo

256mb 3200 DDR

Pioneer A04 Dvd Burner

P4 2.4B @ 3.01GHZ (20C IDLE / 25 LOAD)

Wester Digital 20gig Hdd

X-Dreamer Case

Nvidia Geforce2 MX200 (Runs In Embarrassment)

Thx for any help/clarificatio

Sounds like bad temp readings to me. I once had a cheap-o motherboard that said my XP was like 20c(colder than my room temp) and when i got my new gigabyte i discovered it was realy in the upper 40's/lower 50's.

my bios says it, mobo monitor says it, gigabyte easy tune4 says it..., i think its accurate

bagel5009 said:
my bios says it, mobo monitor says it, gigabyte easy tune4 says it..., i think its accurate

its how the temp sensors on the board is setup...
and how they read the temps...
a lot of boards have this issues...
check with others about your board...

i know some Asus P4PE's have this issues...
dont about your board though...

....the reason they all say the same readin is because ( I beleive) they all read from the bios...what people are trying to tell you is that your temp. probe. under you chip may actually be readin incurrectly(i.e. a hardware issue...)...alright I hjope I could be of help :D

The fact that MOBO and gigabit easy tune4 say the same thing could also lead someone to conclude your sensor itself is not giving the right readings.

both MOBO and get4 do get there readings from the same sensor, right?

I'm just saying that that might be the case.

why wats wrong with that? i checked again and my bios says 29/30C at start up now, i guess the other temps were b4 oc or something - could this still be accurate?

bagel5009 said:
why wats wrong with that? i checked again and my bios says 29/30C at start up now, i guess the other temps were b4 oc or something - could this still be accurate?

What's the room temperature? For it to be 20C the intake air would have to be lower than 20C (68F).

wait are u getting 20c-25c on overclocked? if not that could be correct........wen i don't overclock my desktop i get temps like 20c-25c......and room temp is like 56f

Just find out what temperature it is in your house, and right when you boot it should say the same thing on case temp, and cpu? Thats what mine reads, after the hot air is replaced with room temp, and cpu heat goes to normal.

EDIT: You guys poor, or something? Lol, 61F is pretty friggin cold. 56 is worse.

i checked an its 54F in our rooms during day and 61F at nite, rite when i start up and enter the bios - it says 26-30, i think i actuallygot that 25C IDLE temp reading from a stock speed.

Back