• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2200+ TBred won't unlock??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
I don't get it.. first, I tried with a rear window defogger kit. I connected only the 5th bridge on L3 like Deerhunter had advised and tried to lower my multi to [email protected], but the system would not post. So, I picked up some conductive silver and tried again.. still, won't post. Am I missing something? This is quite frustrating!!

ABIT KX7-333 Rev 1.1
AMD XP 2200+ AIRGA

DaddyB

What happened when you tried to boot the comp with the 2200 before you unlocked it? did it work?

First off try some other multipliers to see if they work (if you can change them on the motherboard). If no multis work then try to clean off the 5th L3 and boot it up to see if it works. If it boots on the default (13.5x multi) then try to change the multi to 13x or 14x (14x might need more voltage)WITHOUT unlocking it, connecting the 5th L3 will just give you the multis from 12.5 and down. Make sure you double check the speed of the CPU at 13x so you can be sure that it did change the multi. Try that stuff out and let us know how it goes, if the 13x multi works without the unlock then just try again (and make sure you are connecting the right L3 bridge... the one on the right)

OP
U

undertow

Registered
I had everything hooked/bridged correctly, that wasn't the problem. I got a tip from a fellow @ AnandTech, where he reccomended I gently "rub" the bridges with a toothpick, to remove the thin "film" that covers them -- which would be enough to prevent contact with the conductive silver. Well, needless to say, it worked. :)

Might want to make a note of that, and toss it in the unlocking FAQ. Something so simple... lol.

I've got it stable at [email protected], [email protected] (default), [email protected] (default).

I clicked off a 12214 in 3DMark2001. Albeit not "high," but before I was only clicking off 11500. *shrug*

My Rig:
AMD XP 2200+ AIRGA
Abit KX7-333 r1.1
Crucial 256x2 PC2100 DDR
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

The Coolest

undertow said:
Hrm.

Well, it appears stable now at [email protected] 1.85Vcore 2.85Vdimm

3DMark score of 12797

*shrug* 3DMark still sucks, but at least it's stable. :)

Why are you running 1.85volts to the core???? 26mhz OC won't require anything over default, only might require 1.7, but in no way 1.85volts, unless you oc the chip and its unstable, then you might up the vcore but when only FSB overclocking the main cause for instability will be the RAM and might be other components, I think you should return the chips voltage to 1.65, I don't think 26MHz will even require a voltage boost

OP
U

undertow

Registered
The Coolest said:

Why are you running 1.85volts to the core???? 26mhz OC won't require anything over default, only might require 1.7, but in no way 1.85volts, unless you oc the chip and its unstable, then you might up the vcore but when only FSB overclocking the main cause for instability will be the RAM and might be other components, I think you should return the chips voltage to 1.65, I don't think 26MHz will even require a voltage boost

Hrm, ok. I'll give it a try, thanks. :)