• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24-20 pin converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

I got an antec pp510 PSU and It has 24pin connector on it, does anyone know where I can get a 20pin converter? Also I need a 8 to 4 pin converter as well, I don't HAVE to have this because I know I can splice the wires myself if I really have to....

camfortner

Registered
If it has the 24 pin connector, that means it is conformed to the SSI standard, most SSI standard PSUs have a 24 pin main power supply, plus a 4 pin, 6 pin, and 8 pin auxillary cables. You should check with antec, and see if they have a splitter that will do the job. Also showing us a diagram of what your PSU has would help.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
24 pin denotes a WTX power supply which can be converted with a $5 cable bought from the manufacturer.

Contact them to see if they have such an adapter available.

Deagle

Registered
I've got a Supermicro 450W PSU with 24pin mobo connector which I need to hook up to an Abit IC7-G.

I was looking at the 24pin to 20pin adapters and noticed that it looked like the 20pin connector was just simply the 24pin connector with the extra 4 pins left out. I was curious and tried mating up a 20pin extention cable I had laying around to the 24pin connector and found that it fit. Does anyone know if this is actually true? Can I just simply hook up a 24pin connector to a 20pin connector and just leave the extra 4 pins to the side?

star882

Disabled
"24 pin denotes a WTX power supply"
The 200w WTX PSU(in my 800MHz P3) I have has a 20 pin connector(like ATX, but different wiring and signals) and a 6 pin connector(like one of the AT connectors, but it supplies 3.3v).