• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24/7 notebook???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

any comments about using a notebook 24/7 or maybe a little less??? and also what happed if I use it almost all time wall plugged??? I mean not using the battery in it????

OP
Albreck

Albreck

not gonna burn and then melt, :) hummm expectation of life??? I mean 24/7... gonna life less???

skab

Ran my Desknotes with VIA proccesor 24/7 for seti for three weeks until I got another comp setup, didn't seem to hurt it but it's got a fan for the cpu.

OP
Albreck

Albreck

ok... the notebook model is sager 5670... same alienware model.... see it inside and have a good cooler on cpu... so... don't worry to wake up and see my comp on fire and alot of plastic melting all over my night table.... jejejeje :D ??!!

XWRed1

Most companies would avoid building and selling a computer that can't even stay turned on. They'd get alot of product returns and bad mojo if their machines would melt themselves or were otherwise incapable of staying turned on.