• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ are here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

where to get it? well on my way home from work, I stopped by FRY and just for sh t and giggle I asked if they have 2400 in stock, well they DID, so after much talking to myself I picked one up, on the way home to test it now, i'm excited. :D $250 short now, no eating, shopping, movie going for the next 6 months :D

SO, if you don't have it yet, go pick it up guys and gals :D move move move

gtsimmo

new_novice i see you jumped the gun alittle. YOu should of checked out newegg.com they fot them for about $50 cheaper. Oh well. But let us know how it turns out and what kind of folding times it gets, benchmarks and the whole works.

OP
N

new_novice

but i just hate waiting.... and if this sucks i can always return it tomorrow, you betcha it's gonna be a sleepless night tonite :D

edit: one more thing, I noticed they have the T-bred 1700 in also at $90 a pop, I think they are T-Bred cuz they have 386K of cache

OC Detective

new_novice said:
but i just hate waiting.... and if this sucks i can always return it tomorrow, you betcha it's gonna be a sleepless night tonite :D

edit: one more thing, I noticed they have the T-bred 1700 in also at $90 a pop, I think they are T-Bred cuz they have 386K of cache

Dont all XP's have 384K of cache (128K L1 + 256K L2)?

Last edited:

ntpphong

what stepping u got?
i think i'm getting impatience also and might go pick one up from fry's and return it with the one i will receive on monday..
btw, from newegg i'd have to pay 8% tax, which sux...hehe.. i ordered this one from directron for $194 no tax nor shipping, just the freakin 1week-delivery time.

OP
N

new_novice

ok guys, first try haven't unlock yet

2-25 arith.JPG

2-25 mult.JPG

won't post at 166, even at max everything. so probably have to unlock since pci kinna high now

vinh

EluSiOn

I tried unlock, however, after unlock, the multiplier can only top at 12.5 which... kind of sucks....

now I am happy running at 150x15

by the way... what is your Vcore?

OP
N

new_novice

after unlocking did you run it at default to get 15?? I was thinking of getting 190*12.5 .....if that's too hopeful 185 is the least that i'd settle for. that's my vcore, i put it at default don't know why the motherboard read it like that.

temp 2-18.JPG

EluSiOn

after I unlock it, i cant get the multiplier above 12.5 If I use multiplier @ 13 it will just drop to 13, if I use auto or 15, the actual multiplier will only be 7

I am trying to raise my FSB..... I was able to get it work at 158 but the system is very unstable. I think it might be one of my CARDS. I want to try 166 with water cooling though.... anyway... my ****ty ram is only PC 2100, maybe I need PC 3500 from cosair

OP
N

new_novice

sorry too excited to look, but from that i remember ACUIB or the like and the week i think is 49... i think. i got a xms3200 corsair so i'm ok, TruPower 480 so i hope it's ok. The pencil trick won't work now will it? and I ran out of conductive ink, got crayon but no ink :(

rippedsocks

if u had a kt400 board u wouldn't need to unlock :( but i doubt u got 49... so far their have been from 39-42 i got 40 and me and my friend reticulex are hitting around close to 2.3 but he has better cooling and might hit 2.4 so well c

EluSiOn

mine is a week 42 and I am not that happy running at 150x15 because I can only access my RAM at 226mhz

I think 166x15 would be the best but you probably need KT400 chipset and also watercooling case with PC 3500 DDR from Cosair

Any suggestion what would be the best Multiplier at what system Bus speed?

ntpphong

u said ur pci seems high? don't you have a 1/5 divider? because pci would still be 33 at 166fsb if u have a 1/5 divider

OP
N

new_novice

ntpphong said:
u said ur pci seems high? don't you have a 1/5 divider? because pci would still be 33 at 166fsb if u have a 1/5 divider

it's high right now cuz i'm running at 133 oc to 150.

And i do have a kt400 board, gigabyte 7vax, 3200 DDR, but i can't run prime stable, if i push it down to 148, it's stable..... hmmm

edit: oh yeah i guess mine is week 39 then. i remember a 9 somewhere. I'll take it out later to unlock it and write it down. I can't adjust the multiplier either,

OC Detective

new_novice said:

it's high right now cuz i'm running at 133 oc to 150.

And i do have a kt400 board, gigabyte 7vax, 3200 DDR, but i can't run prime stable, if i push it down to 148, it's stable..... hmmm

edit: oh yeah i guess mine is week 39 then. i remember a 9 somewhere. I'll take it out later to unlock it and write it down. I can't adjust the multiplier either,
If you have a KT400 there is no need to unlock it.

OC Detective

I guess it must depend on which board you have then! I have heard that with the Abit you dont need to unlock. Though I am pretty sure all KT400 will allow you access to the multipliers as long as the BIOS shows them which yours obviously does. What did you change the multiplier to?