• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ O/C Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crushing_grief

2280Mhz seems to be the magic number right now. Runs all benchmarks fine, and seems stable @1.85volts.

I got greedy last night and went for 2312Mhz after only an hour of burn in time, and it crashed hard. So bad in fact, it partially corrupted my registry (all network icons disappeared!). Needless to say I was a little ****ed because I had to reinstall Windows XP again, and because I couldn't get 2300Mhz either.

So far today, I have been able to slowly raise the fsb to achieve 2280Mhz with no problems so far. I wonder if last nights benchmarking burned in the cpu a little to loosen it up some.
I have also noticed the 2400+ (93f) runs a little cooler than my 2200+ (96f) did at the same 1.85 volts.

I really have to question some of the reviews that are claiming 2.4G on air @1.85v. Either I have a ****ty chip, or theirs was hand picked.
:eh?:

this is why u shouldn't buy cpus right when they come out, wait for peoples results and wait to see what steppings are good.

im sad to say that it was abviously hand picked if u browse the results [im geting 2.25 166x13.5stable] so im slightly upset that it has not reached expectations...

as with the 1600xp i think they juz need some time to mature it ... oh well

I'm waiting a little bit, but I don't know if I'm going to be patient enough :). I would like to upgrade to something like a 2400+, but I would also like to build a computer next year. And, I don't know if I should spend the $$$. :D

Anyways, to upgrade from this on my Epox 8KHA+ I would probably have to do a BIOS flash because my current initial BIOS doesn't support it?

crushing_grief said:
2280Mhz seems to be the magic number right now. Runs all benchmarks fine, and seems stable @1.85volts.

I got greedy last night and went for 2312Mhz after only an hour of burn in time, and it crashed hard. So bad in fact, it partially corrupted my registry (all network icons disappeared!). Needless to say I was a little ****ed because I had to reinstall Windows XP again, and because I couldn't get 2300Mhz either.

I had the same registry problem... a FEW times... over the last two days while overclocking my 2400+. I just cloned my hdd in case it happens again. With super-cooling I'm prime95 stable at 2430mhz, so your results aren't all that bad...

im @ 2.24 13x168..... but i had overvolt on by accident so i was @ 1.9 v.... i wanna try to get 2.3 soon start burning in and upping the fsb from 166

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here but have people already found ways to unlock the XP2400+ and XP2600+ CPUs?

I dont wanna unlock mine if I ever get one but rather hack the multiplier so i can set it at 20X :) 133 X 20 on an older mobo. That would make an excellent upgrade! in the future.

OC-Master

So as far as I'm aware of, none of the members got over 2.5GHz with the 2400+, and the 2.4GHz is only reachable if you are using extreme cooling?

2.34 here

on a pretty good water setup , temps definitely arent a problem on mine 32 idol 37 load.

i was hoping for 2.4 but aint gonna get it

Back