• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent_Mull

I currently have my 2400+ TBred @ 12*176=2116mhz. When I go to school I run SETI, and usually when i get home, my computer has restarted. I have 2 questions.
1. Is there some program that logs like when it restarts?
2. Is there anyway to keep it from crashing. i.e. upping the voltage its currently @ 1.72v (Im looking into getting a better heatsink b/c my chip is naturally warm i.e. 53°c @ the afore mentioned speed.)

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Did your overclock pass Prime95 Torture test?

If you have a Thoroughbred retail heatsink, they are not really meant for overclocking.

Also cheapo power supply can cause restarts. Name brand PSUs are a must for major overclocking.

Glaze132

Tell us the name of your PSU and we will most likely be able to identify it. But good PSU makers are: Sparkle, Fortron, Antec, PC Power and Cooling, and probably some others that have slipped my mind.

Steven4563

then its properly not that good all tho im doing whats in my sig on a eagle 350watt psu and their not to be that good ill be upgrading very soon anyway :)

Glaze132

I believe 2000 and XP come with event logs. I think they are under administrative tools if event log exists, they may just be for server versions of the OSes though. But other than that I am not sure of any program you could try going to www.hotfiles.com and looking up event log or something similar to that.