• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

245+ FSB - 222 - DC - CPC on...anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitro

OK... here is my problem:

I have 4 sets of memory (2x256 BH-6, 2x256 BH-5, 2x512 BH-5, and 2x512 Adata 4200) and 2 Infinity boards (both Chinese).The 2x512 of Adata easily primes forever at 250FSB @2.5-3-4-11, the 2x512 of BH-5 won't pass memtest anywhere near 250 with 3.3v (understandable), and both of 2x256 sets pass memtest for hours at 250FSB (the BH-5 does 256FSB)...

BUT... Prime crashes instantly or within a few minutes at anything above 245 with the settings listed in the title of the thread. I can run single sticks up to the FSB that they passed in memtest, or I can loosen the timings and get up there, or I can turn CPC off and crank it up. :p

My question is if anyone is actually pulling it off with all these settings (and assuming BH chips). And just to clarify, I've used every vcore, vdd, vdimm, and vagp under the sun. :D I also have upgraded cooling on the NB and SB, mosfets, and a fan blowing directly on the RAM.

So I guess the real question is, do I need a Taiwan board or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance.

ap673

I'm getting a xp2600-m, nf7-s, and sp-97. What were ur results with the nf7-s on stock cooling?

OP
mitro

mitro

I never ran it "stock"(cooling yes). As soon as I got it I did all the volt mods and still can't match the FSB I get with the Infinity. But hey... thats just me. :p I've only spent about a week tweaking the NF7-s compared to months with DFIs. If your mobile is one of the MPMW steppings that people are getting lately then I'd say you are likely going to get over 2.6 (try 220x12 @ 1.75v if its a MPMW and 2.8 to the RAM)

ap673

Ok do you think that Nf7-s can do 220-230mhz fsb without voltmodding or anything and on stock NB cooling? I'm getting some OCZ PC3700EB so memory wont be a bottleneck, just the motheroboard. Are the MPMW steppings better than IQHYA? Do you think they have them at newegg?

OP
mitro

mitro

The NF7-S generally hits a wall at 220 and won't go beyond, athough there are BIOS' that suppossedly bump it up (I believe by disabling CPC) which hurts the performance. I'm not an Abit expert though, so you should probably ask someone else. Even if the board is capable of over 220, I think you'd be lucky to get 220 out of your RAM (since its limited to only 2.8v in the BIOS (2.9v reported in MBM5)

Amrathe

ap673 said:
Ok do you think that Nf7-s can do 220-230mhz fsb without voltmodding or anything and on stock NB cooling? I'm getting some OCZ PC3700EB so memory wont be a bottleneck, just the motheroboard. Are the MPMW steppings better than IQHYA? Do you think they have them at newegg?

Check out my sig

ap673

Wow nice Amrathe, what is the best BIOS to use for the NF7-S, I hear it's the D10 BIOS, but i have no idea where to get the right one.

metzeric

Registered
FDM said:
good deal, you get any sound/lan/usb drops? APIC enabled?
F you're asking me, then I got a great sound.. USB seems good when tested with my printer and bluetooth dongle.. APIC is enabled.. I don't know about lan since I haven't tested it yet...

Amrathe

ap673 said:
Wow nice Amrathe, what is the best BIOS to use for the NF7-S, I hear it's the D10 BIOS, but i have no idea where to get the right one.

Each board seems different for what bios works best. For me it was the D10.. for others it is the D24..

Basically the only way to know is to try em both and figure out which gives you the highest stable overclock (for me it was the D10 with CPC on)