• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

250+ Fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=TriX-R4-KidS=

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what it takes to run this board at a 250+ fsb. in sync w/ the ram

:?

I have tried setting a 250fsb and 6x multi along w/ a divider to make the ram only operate at 400 and I dont even get it to boot.

i know ill have to give my vdimm some extra juice--do you need a ton of voltage to run at 250fsb? i already had given the cpu 1.8v

-TriX

the hammer

-=TriX-R4-KidS= said:
ahh...

oops i forgot all about the northbridge voltage ::doh:: :-/

remember, just because the speedometer on your car may go to 200MPH, it does not mean your car can go that fast. The same principle applies to your fsb. Just because 250 is selectable does not mean it can do 250. You will probably need real good northbridge cooling and a Vdd voltage mod to get close to 250 stable.

Hammer

mrspec3

You will need at least

VDD of 2.1V
Vdimm of 3.1V (more like 3.25+)

Then you need some mad cooling on your NB and SB and of cource great ram and a boat load of knowledge

Steve

OP
T

-=TriX-R4-KidS=

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/ABIT/NF7Sv2/page3.htm

just found this review of the nf7-s rev2. and it seems theiy could only reach a 238fsb stable.

this seems pretty easy as i will only need to do the pencil trick to get to ~2.0v on the NB. what would be the max voltage you would give the NB on air cooling? ~2- ~2.1 ?

and would the vantec iceburg and some AS3 be good enought to cool the NB at ~2.1v?

-TriX

Dirty_Punk

mrspec3 said:
You will need at least

VDD of 2.1V
Vdimm of 3.1V (more like 3.25+)

Then you need some mad cooling on your NB and SB and of cource great ram and a boat load of knowledge

Steve

i can do 250mhz SC 5-2-2-2 at 2.9v (3.02 readed) at 1.7v VDD (a bit less than 2v readed without voltmod!!!!) stable for superpi, but the ram is my limit..