• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ 333 FSB Question! :) THX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kewlj1313

Registered
Hey guys im a bit new to overclocking but not to pcs at all! Ive got mine all put together and ive set it on the one right below the 3000+ settings its runnin at 2087MHZ and the temp is 47-48 steady! So i wanted to msg and ask you guys! If you could Hook me up with some good info or a place to get info on proven fsb multiplier setting and ETC! Im new so dont FLAME me lol for postin such a N00b question! Thx ;)

Last edited:
Nothing is "proven" since all hardware is different. You will have to play with all your settings like FSB, multplier, ram timings, etc... to find that happy median that everything likes. Good luck and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Thx for the quick reply but! See lol im new i need a place to get info on the FSB, multplier, ram timings, etc... i dont even really know where to start ;) I know how to change and all that jus dont know where to start thx!!!!: )

Last edited:
Also what should my max temp Hit on full load when should i shut her down!! ? Thx alot

Last edited:
depend on you, but I would recomment reading some of the stickies up top first, it should explain better of what Ram settings and all that meant.

edit: nevermind, damn stickies are goner :D

anyways, what you should do is tell us the specs of your hardwares, what kind of ram, motherboard, PSU,... and what chip did you get (CPU)

Ok well then ive got an Abit At7-Max2 Mobo, one 512MB DDR PC2100 Crucial Ram, my powersupply is 450wt dual fan,! Thx!!!

A couple of notes! I changed my settings on my mobo from the 2500+ 333 to 2800+ 333 and it ran stable at 2089mhz or so at 47-48C! But did good! ;) But then i tried to make it 3000+ 333 which made the multiplyer 13 that will boot and run for about 10 min then bam goes off So not stable :-/ watcha think should i raise FSB or? is that crucial ram good enough its brand new!

Last edited:
You can check www.cpudatabase.com

This has a good sized list of overclocks achieved by members, and also shows some of their other hardware, along with cooling setups. It can be helpful to show what some possibilities are.

For a monitoring program, I'd set mine to max of 55 degrees C, for it to shutdown, but that's because mine, on load, never goes above 50 degrees C. So it can vary for you, and I've heard AMDs run hotter than Intels, so you might want a slightly higher threshold.

A good thing to keep in mind is the Search function. It takes a little bt to get used to...can't search for less than 4 letter-words :/ But it's extremely helpful.

Also, if you find someone who seems to be extremely knowledgeable, you might want to PM him/her for more info. Most everyone here is EXTREMELY helpful, and will go through to great ends to help out.

#1 Rule: Have fun.

now what do you consider as stable, did you run any stress test on it?? your ram doesn't look too good, so it will hold you back, then the only option left is up your multiplier, ....

I have my 2500 running @ 2.2 on a asus a7n8x deluxe with a 12,5 multi and 177mhz bus and 1.775 volts.....Thats all it will do with my iceberg water cooling(cheap)...I dont get blue screens when going higher I get constant reboots......hope this helps someone or maybe someone can help me go higher

Take the FSB up untill it runs unstable. Then take Vcore up one notch at a time untill it becomes stable. Rinse and repeat. :cool: Alos, unless I am mistaken, the multiplier is locked on the 3000+. If you are a noob you don't want to mess with unlocking the multi just yet.

Back