• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ Barton can't do 11x200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syphere

My 2500+ Barton (not a mobile or anything) is having some issues hitting 2.2 by using 11x200. I can do it with 11.5x192 just fine and have a stable OC. I want 11x200 for that 400Mhz FSB. My RAM is PC3200 and I have heatspreaders. I have no idea as to why it doesn't like the 11x200. I've got AGP @ 66Mhz so thats not affecting it. When I do something graphics related, like look at a flash website, box crashes and I need to kill the power. My video card was @ 380/680 and I was thinking that was it but I set that to default and it still crashes. I've got everything well cooled. Only other thing I can think of is voltages...

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Got V-core voltage?

Some desktops need over 1.8 volts.

Last edited:
OP
Syphere

Syphere

I've got it @ 1.85. Anything else and I am voltmodding. As for the PSU, I've got an Antec SmartPower 400Watt (combined max output 240Watts).

c627627

We're trying to help you but you keep leaving the good stuff out like temperatures, case and cpu...

PSU brand is one of the most important things for OCing so you should put that Antec in your sig.... as well as cooling.

c627627

Thermaltake volcano 12 is not the best of heatsinks but if it's not the temps, maybe you have version 1 of that Asus mobo, they may have had probs with 200 FSB and up....

OP
Syphere

Syphere

My CPU temp, when OC'd with 11.5x192, and at full load, doesn't go over 28C. I have PCB revision 1.xx of my mobo.

c627627

Ya, there's your trouble. A7N8X version 1 can't do 200 FSB.

version 2 can.

Maybe there's a mod that can help you but it may be a hassle for you.

By the way you have a lot of OC room there. 28 C? If it were only multiplier unlocked you could have used a higher multiplier to get a much higher overclock most probably.

So, you're choices are to sell the CPU and get a mobile which you can run at the same FSB speeds but with a higher multiplier or to look into searching how to mod your motherboard... good luck.

fateshammer

We don't have the same mobo, mine is Abit NF72, but I was in the same predicament as you. I was struggling so hard just to get to 200. I did everything I could to find out what was holding it back, ran memtest on my ram so many times I lost count, checked my voltage using multimeter, burning-in cpu, etc. After trying out a few bioses, I finally broke free 2 days ago. Now I'm at 220 and slowly climbing. Prime95 is still going error-free 6 hours. I feel this bios doesn't want to make me stop and its scaring me, Lol. So for what its worth, maybe you can try different bioses for your mobo? Are there modded bioses for your Asus mobo? Maybe its worth a shot, who knows?

Edit: Ooops, seems c627627 has already diagnosed your stumbling block.