• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k stability test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matthewneale

Hi there,

I'm new to overclocking, I've got an air cooler. My question is that I've got it to 4488mhz (non turbo mode) and even though it fails in prime95 general test, because this is a dedicated fsx flight simulator PC (fsx being more CPU intensive over GPU).

If fsx seems to run fine, cpu temperatures below 70°c, should I be ok?

If any more information is needed for you experts to assist me, I'll do my best :)

Thank you

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Even though it fails in p95.........what? There wasn't another half of that?

If it's stable for your uses, then it's stable for you.

Temps are fine for that cpu, yep. :)

OP
M

matthewneale

Sorry very poor punctuation and grammar there :-/ No wasn't trying to say anything else there.

I take it the people who want to game at the highest levels need their prime95 tests to be a success then as again in presuming the types of games they are running are very very system straining?

Thank you for your swift reply :)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ideally you would like to be stable in a stress test.

I don't know what you are trying to say about others being stable at the highest levels... you talking competitive gaming or, highest details and image quality? Of course you would not want the game to crash if you are not competitive or a pro.

So what test fails in p95?

OP
M

matthewneale

Yeah sorry meant your to details and quality etc.

That's lovely, that's answered my question and seeing as temps are so low, might go for the magic 5.0ghz haha.