• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600mhz A64 and my Sandra Multi media score are sooo low... why is that

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Iv been having minor overcocking problems lately, where i was able to reach 2600mhz fine whe ni first got the setup now i can barely reach it. Right now im @ 2600mhz 1.7v with my watercooler, sandra Arithmatic scores are 11100/54000, but the Multimedia was 1100/26429, why was the Multimedia score so low i mean 1100 ?????

Also since MBM5 doesnt work with this board and the software moniter doesnt show the +12v line.

Sandra says my 12v line is 10.88v, This system is like eating powersupply alive or something maybe the 10.88v is wrong i need a multimeter to test it, but if its right. This suks then because its a brand new 550TP antec psu..

Last edited:

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Probably is way off. My +12v never dips below 12.1v with a mutlimeter. Doesn't with the software either tho. I never run that multimedia bench, I'll do so in a little bit.

OP
CandymanCan

CandymanCan

Disabled
I mean you saw a few days ago it ran fine for me @ 2600mhz now @ 2600 and even 2550 just now it was like only 1000/26000

I just now went back to stock and its fine now, went to 2400mhz fine 2500mhz fine, im ganna try 2550 right now brb.

Dragonprince

Id check the voltage with a digital multi-meter. If thats accurate then your probably gonna need a better power supply. A couple of quick things to keep in mind. As heat goes up the power supply rating drops. Many supposed 550w supply's only make maybe 350-400 watts at 45c. Most computer cases are at 45c or more during the summer so inside the power supply will be even warmer. Also I would check the amperage rating on the 12v line and make sure its rated very high. A high quality unit will make over 30 amps available on the 12+ line, some like the 510w PC Power and Cooling units make 35+.

Docta_Z

I dunno how much higher quality you can get over a 550 TP antec...

Geez this sounds weird. Keep us updated.

OP
CandymanCan

CandymanCan

Disabled
Just tried 2550mhz and got the same thing....

I mean 2550mhz i know is stable it ran prime95 for 5 hours without a problem. Th Arithmatic is fine just the multmeida drops ... hmm I'll try some diff bios's see if that helps.

Btw dragon, i have one of the top performing psu's. I think sandra was just reading it all wrong, cuss it was also saying my 3.3v line was 1.50... If it ws 1.50 the pc wouldnt be working.

Im ganna go get a multimeter here ina minute if the hardware store isstill open. I bet my 12v will be like 12.1 or 11.9 around thier.

Last edited:

Dragonprince

Docta_Z said:
I dunno how much higher quality you can get over a 550 TP antec...

I know everyone likes them, I dont. I had one (new) that went south in less than two weeks. First thing the support people said was, "do you OC?" I said why are you asking that? They said we do not warrenty our products against use outside of there intended purpose....and it went down hill fast from there. Needless to say I have a nice 90 dollar paper weight. Bought a PC Power and Cooling unit and have never had any issues at all with power since then.

OP
CandymanCan

CandymanCan

Disabled
My issue isnt power related tho its cpu or mobo related.

Anyway, its wierd sometimes the Multmedia works fine and then another it gives me a low score.

Sandra benchies were fine, Super pi are fine... Grr i iwhs i knew if this was a sandra issue or a hardware issue.

zxlr8

Dowload the newest Sandra. You should beseeing more than that in sisoft arithmetic. That is what I get with my athlon xp(11000)