• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

266FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
F

FNG

my board apparently has a 266fsb, from what i understand that means it operates at 133mhz leading and falling (not sure what leading and falling are). In my bios if i change the system frequency from 133 to 154 doeds that mean I effectively change the fsb to 308mhz instead of 266?

Tachyon

FNG (May 14, 2001 06:17 p.m.):
my board apparently has a 266fsb, from what i understand that means it operates at 133mhz leading and falling (not sure what leading and falling are).

Just for edification: It refers to the rising and falling edge of the clock cycle

castle lager fan

Just to help explain.

In the "old" days data only got tranfered on the rising edge of the clock cycle. Now with DDR(double data rate) data gets tranferred at the both the rising and falling edge of the clock cycle. From there the name DDR. Has anybody got good info on Rambus? I would like to understand it better.

PS Tom's Hardware has some good articles on DDR.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Has anybody got good info on Rambus?

Rambus is a partner of INtel that produces 'faster' RAM. It runs at between 600 and 800 MHZ. I'm not sure how it does this, but if you use PC800 RDRAM with a P 4 I think the RAM runs on the rising and falling edge of the P4s 400MHz Bus. I don'rt completely know. Try the website, or look at the Intel or Memory sections.