• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2D artifacting with X800XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

It only artifacts in the windows menu and smileys and some buttons. I played some games, and they were all fine, even the 2D parts. My GPU currently says 57 Celsius after a prolonged gaming duration. It seems to be going down now, though. Also, when I reboot, it will sometimes go away.

OP
Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer

Nathan0490 said:
Overheating problem most likely.

That's what I would normally suspect, too... but it doesn't occur in 3D even under intensive gaming, and it shows on boot, and is only restricted to 2D graphics.

OP
Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer

Nexus Realized said:
Have you tried uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling?

Yeah... I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to do that... but I guess I'll give that a go when the next Omegas come out. Thanks for the suggestion.

PhoenixOfChaos

Did you do a driver cleaner then install new ones? If not keep a temp log and watch your ram temps too.

If it turns up to not be heat or driver related - it might be RMA time :cry: (did you oc it at all?).

OP
Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer

PhoenixOfChaos said:
Did you do a driver cleaner then install new ones? If not keep a temp log and watch your ram temps too.

If it turns up to not be heat or driver related - it might be RMA time :cry: (did you oc it at all?).

It is not OCed, and I did a driver cleaning before installing the current ones. And the temperatures are all normal.

PhoenixOfChaos

I can't honestly think of why it would be 2D but not 3D- however if you're feeling desperate you could back up your files and try a windows reinstall , it could be a problem with that and personally I'd figure a windows reinstall (no matter how painful) is probably better than a new x800.