• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2Fa574u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doofie27cp2 said:
And to adress the "12 yr old britney spears chat room" Bull****, N E and R, All short for simple words. These make typing go faster, instead of incomprehensive gay l337

I couldn't have put it any better myself, bravo

Doofie27cp2 said:
And to adress the "12 yr old britney spears chat room" Bull****, N E and R, All short for simple words. These make typing go faster, instead of incomprehensive gay l337

Nice to see you've overlooked the possibility of actually learning to type.

I've yet to meet anyone who writes in "N E R U" who could handle more than thirty words a minute. This isn't about speeding up communication. This is about (a poor) attempt to hide ignorance and ineptitude.

BHD

Before anyone accuses me of defending "l337", I agree with DaveSauce that it is a cultural thing.

So is cannibalism among certain tribes in New Guinea, female circumcision in some fundamentalist moslem sects, making pot pies using animal kidneys in Great Britain, and the very existance of country music.

People often pull the "cultural tradition" card to defend the idiotic or insufferable. "l337" is both.

BHD

i guess everyone has forgotten why this post was started now;)

all this talk of hackers.....War games here i come!!!!

Turando

Ok getting back on topic of the system he has....

That's a really nice case. And my dad has the same monitor, and my friend has the same mouse! But you know you can't beat the bays on this my dad's baby (p2 rig)...

DSC00021.jpg

-PC

not to thread jack again .. but if you game.. you find abbreviations to come in quite handy while trying to save your base or not get popped in the face.. my .02 cents..

Well, first there are binds. You would be surprised how many uses a single bind has. And second, the 'words' ne (btw you're 1 letter short of the real word, so WHY??) r and u seldom are used when communicating with one's team. 'help <location>' and 'nme sighted <location>' would be 80% of what you need to communicate in a serious match. if you're that desperate, use something like Roger Wilco or any other such program to communicate with your teammates. Most ladders I know of allow the use of them. If its not a serious match, then what does another death matter?

And about the culture of leet. It started with hackers, and now gamers have taken it. I make it a habit to only use it while gaming, or while referring to gaming (though never in seriousness). Note that the '213374u' was only used in response to a complaint of the use of leet. Unlike some lamers, I dont substitute leet while in converstations. I see people all the time use it all the time while just talking to each other...very annoying, I want to slap them. Anyway, the analogy to such practices as mentiond by BHD does not work. You are referring to violations of human rights. We are talking about a minor annoyance....and yes, country music is a violation of human rights. ... ... :D

And honestly, I usually find it faster to type the entire word rather than try to shorten it while hoping people understand what I mean. The only way I shorten things is by leaving out unnescessary words. "help base" is much easier to type than "i need help at our base". Though I usually play CS, and for that I use voice comm.

davesauce, i dont use nme for enemy, because it seems to hard to go out of my way to do that. All i usually use is U, btw, and N E. So dont criticise the hipocrite mmkay? :D

elite language

Wheres this thread going??

Wish i hadnt used topic at all!!

Apologies to anyone who is offended by it..

Im 28 so i aint a kid...

Anyways thanks for the kind words regarding my pics!

regards...

Mark

it's W00T you MOFO git it right! :p
I agree with much of what you guys all say. Most of the internet subcultures are bumd. people who think they are cool becasue they can sit in a chair and go into chatrooms and stuff and think they cna hack becasue they watched movies like 'anti-trust' and such. Some of those movies couldnt be fruther from the truth... Tho 'anti-trust' was prety good. and also, most peopel who hang out in chatrooms, which makes up at least 2/3 of al lppl online, are ugly bums with nothing better to do than try to hoock up with other loosers online. Now there are acceptions as in all cases but from my experiences with gAyOheLl and MSN chatrooms this has ben the case acrost the board.

ceatch ya'all laterz!

My roommate and I were going to make a long Gripe and moan post tomorrow about stuff such as l33t and so on. I have only used it once, and I felt dumber for even typing it. But this thread has saved me the trouble. Thank you all.

Also that case is a monster.

Now hom come you have an external Cd-drive? Not enough bays? =p

Also that monitor is awesome! My dad has one and it's really good.

-PC

[sAn], I've wondered about duel burners. I had an extra once and nearly put it into a box, I held off cause the mobo was a dog, knew better. But have you had any success burning simultaneously?

Back