• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2k with amd/via crashes with any 3d @desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Vi]ASSMASTER

fully updated 2k with amd/via crashes with any 3d @Desktop... like the "fade in/out" menus when u right click or 3d bench marking progs.. i tryed fresh install and with the latest drivers same thing happens..
AMD1.2@1306 <-- changed speed no help
abit kt7a
384pc150
g-force2mx 6.64det. drivers <-- changed those 2.. no help.

Hey, check this out. I had a similar problem...computer crashed evertime I booted windows..I tried everything..even locking the cpu back so it couldn't be overclocked. THEN, I took everything out of my computer and put everything back in, one at a time. I finally found out that it was some sort of conflict with my SOUND CARD. The computer would boot and run like a champ on an ASUS A7V with a Duron 600. I pushed it all the way to 900, very stable and low temps. However, I was never able to get the sound card to work again. I finally went out and bought a Sound Blaster Live and everything is perfect now. Hope this helps. Let me know.

Lance

it boots fine... i cand even play counter strike for hours with no probs... it when im @ desktop and bring up menus that i crash...

Back