• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 2nd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Congrats to klear, winner of PDD Contest.WTF!!!

also thanks to Computekinc.us , for being such a great Team player, and T32 Member, WTF!!!.

Congrats klear!(and Compu K):beer::beer:

and some parts have arrived to give the GPU a happy home!
I don't know what 1000watt PSU's weigh but this thing weighs 50Lbs:)

Ah man... you gots plenty 'o powah! :attn:

Looks like it will be Thursday when the card arrives... so you've got time to get all the rest put together, then you can just pop that baby in. ;)

Ah man... you gots plenty 'o powah! :attn:

Looks like it will be Thursday when the card arrives... so you've got time to get all the rest put together, then you can just pop that baby in. ;)

Last piece arrived. I let the SMP on the Ubuntu rig run. So I need to swap everything. 2 hours for the hardware...I'll cross my fingers on the software. I'll do my best to have it running tonight.:beer:

Team32-9800GTX.jpg

Attachments

• Team32-9800GTX.jpg
    Team32-9800GTX.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 162
Hey... that looks oddly familiar. ;) Sorry if there was any white cat hair in the box. My cat travels more than I do... he just doesn't know it. :)

Sweet! :D Looks like it made the journey well. It sure has been lonely the last six weeks just sitting in my compy room. ;)

Nice to see you Jon.I was worried about ya:beer: Vacation??

Hey... that looks oddly familiar. ;) Sorry if there was any white cat hair in the box. My cat travels more than I do... he just doesn't know it. :)

Sweet! :D Looks like it made the journey well. It sure has been lonely the last six weeks just sitting in my compy
Just a dead mouse!:eek::)

Posted into Ubuntu beautifully!(Posting on new rig right now) I will finally get my chance to Fold GPU in it. Compiz Fusion still working.

But not tonight....gonna boot into Win 7 which should be a little quicker to get up and running.(Don't yell at me Shell:p)

Need driver recommendation. Vista 180.*** what?

Win 7/9800GTX.

and some Gig chipset drivers. I think thats it.

Need driver recommendation. Vista 180.*** what?

Win 7/9800GTX.
I'm partial to 185.20, or 181.20. 185.20 seems to boost the PPD on the first card by almost 2K ppd for some reason, and last time I checked the thread on it, stanford had said it wasn't messing the work up at all (which was everyones initial concern about the increase).

Really? Still seeing more PPD with 185.20? The science should be fixed now, so I guess no harm in running those drivers. Since the initial effect was only seen on Vista, my guess is that this increase you're seeing is also on Vista?

Congratulations to the winners!
Let's see... 12 months until the next March Madness so I'd best get ready...

Just an update... torin3 is our next best PPD Producer and has chosen the Mirror's Edge PC Game as his prize.

I must apologize as I just really dropped the ball on getting these games given away... thankfully my time is going to free up a bit again here soon as work is going to slow down a touch.

Thanks again to everyone who participated... I look forward to doing this again soon. :)

Back