• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd PSU Double Check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

I want to run a second psu to power 9 fans...heres what i want to do, I stick wires in the appropriate pins of the atx plug so that I can start the psu w/out it being connected to my mobo, then im going to seal that real good so no shorts happen! Next im going to open up and disconnect the on/off switch from the back of the psu, and extend the 2 power cords to the front of my case where i will wire up the switch again that way when i start my computer i can just flip a switch in the front of my case and the 2nd psu will kick on, I just want to make sure this will work, i've tryed to start the psu w/out the mobo by connecting the pins and it worked...so will my plan be ok??
Thanks in advance

stool

You can find a much easier way to do it Here . This is non-invasive on your PSU, and only involves a little effort.