• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x8gb (16gb) DDR4 Suggestions for $60-80?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quakerj

I'm getting ready to build a new system based on Ryzen 3700 and X570 chipset. I've been out of the loop for some time regarding RAM, looking for best bang for the buck in the $60-80 price range.

I plan on overclocking the system, not sure if there is a preferred RAM chip I should be looking for if certain modules have a better chip than others. I figured DDR4-3200 would be the best value in this price, but completely open to speed, but the faster, the better. I routinely see deals on Newegg for DDR4-3200 less than $60, for example: this one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It's not an easy question to answer since memory compatibility issues, though not as problematic as with the original Ryzen CPUs, is still a variable with the newest generation of Ryzen motherboards. My only advice at this point is to buy a memory product with the lowest CL at a given frequency you can afford. Those will likely have the best chips and the most overclocking potential. So, for instance, a 3200 mhz kit with CL 14 will likely be a better choice than a 3200 mhz kit with CL 16.

Back