• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0 GHZ voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Hey folks I'm runnin the BD7 II at 1.7 on a 2,53 runnin 3.04. I have a mysterious crash, Hmm maybe once a day and have yet to figure it out What voltage are you guys runnnin?

oops

if it's not too hot, raise a little more voltage to see if it's stable. If stilll not stable, maybe you should think about lower the frequence a little bit.

OP
ElroyCarbon

ElroyCarbon

Well for starters the board only allows for 10% or 15% increase so thats where I'm capped. I am however considering the Vidpin deal and if it's worth while, no prob. It is kind of a pain in the a** to pull off the water block in this setup... (lazy):D have to move alot of stuff......it's a pain.

So I figure if I hear it from you cats I will go forth and do it, just wanna make sure it's worth screwing with. Like I said right now roughly 1.7 (1.6 really) and it just drops like a lead brick. I mean it crashes so hard good ol XP doesnt even recognize it iin the event viewer. Not that that would help anyway....thoughts.....I was thinking the fresh install of the 9700 may be part of the issue dunno. It crashes like no other! I have to say I have had my share of crashes, but this thing just BOOM and its done. The HDD gives a horrible clunk and all. I have looped it for 12 hours + with no worries at all. It happens when I stress the CPU IE. attempting to open more than one folder at a time, playing music whatever just out of the blue. I highly doubt the HDD being the issue, but it's possible I suppose. I'm going back to the topic and taking a concensus on the voltage you guys are using ti run at around 3 GHZ. This rig folds 24/7 and no problems this did happen once even with the TI4600 so I'm not convinced it's the VC just yet. Do me a favor folks and post the voltage you guys are runnin. Maybe the 1.6 true is not enough.

Abit BD7 II RAID
P4 2.53 @3.04 (+15%)
Corsair XMS 3200 (1:1)
Radeon 9700 Pro (ATI)
Antec 550 PSU
SB Audigy

micamica1217

1.6v just might not be enough....

how long can you run at prime95????

the pin mod might be a good idea, yet what happens if it don't work the first time???

what I'm getting at is that I tryed the pin mod a few times with out getting it to work.
yet after a quick trip to the auto store, I did the Mr.N's defogger mod....worked like a charm the first try.

I'm wet also, so I know this is going to be work for you.

good luck

mica

OP
ElroyCarbon

ElroyCarbon

Ok so the crashes sound like the ZCPU is just dropping off huh. OK I have done the VID pin trick a few and had no prob. took a strand os speaker wire and worked first try. So I hope that this time it will be as easy. Thanks guys I'll give it hell as soon as I can CYA!