• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.06Ghz CPU is available!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that's going to be a big problem... i mean the hyperthreading isn't even useful right now... not many software is optimised for it.

Huummmmmm? I can see it now...

"Honey? Yes. "Uhhhhh I need to fix my computer." What did you break this time? "Oh nothing really. "I just need to get this really important part." Do you actually need it? "Well no, not really. I just want it really bad." How much is it? "Here, why don't you sit down. Its $690." WHAT DID YOU SAY??? ARE YOU GONNA BUY A WHOLE OTHER COMPUTER AGAIN JUST LIKE YOU DID THAT ONE TIME??!! "Uuummm, no, just one part, a little part." GET YER #@$$_$%&&**( OUT OF HERE NOW!! i MEAN IT!

Well, maybe I'll just wait until the first of the year just to play it safe. he he

krag said:
Huummmmmm? I can see it now...

"Honey? Yes. "Uhhhhh I need to fix my computer." What did you break this time? "Oh nothing really. "I just need to get this really important part." Do you actually need it? "Well no, not really. I just want it really bad." How much is it? "Here, why don't you sit down. Its $690." WHAT DID YOU SAY??? ARE YOU GONNA BUY A WHOLE OTHER COMPUTER AGAIN JUST LIKE YOU DID THAT ONE TIME??!! "Uuummm, no, just one part, a little part." GET YER #@$$_$%&&**( OUT OF HERE NOW!! i MEAN IT!

Well, maybe I'll just wait until the first of the year just to play it safe. he he

he,he,he....You'd better do.....:D

Anyone have any OCing experience with the 3.06? if it OCs high stably, i might get one.

What i will not do is buy another P4 for 700$ and be disappointed (like with this 2.8)

i strongly doubt they have them in stock, for sale.

this was mentioned over at OCAU, and when i looked at the add that was linked i noticed not one single mention of HT.
if you've got the latest and great cpu, with technology previously not available in a desktop processor, don't you think you'd make at least some mention of it?
IMO that ad is nothing more than a pre order price. they simply used an ad from one of the other "B" chips and changed it to say 3.06ghz.

looktall said:

this was mentioned over at OCAU, and when i looked at the add that was linked i noticed not one single mention of HT.
if you've got the latest and great cpu, with technology previously not available in a desktop processor, don't you think you'd make at least some mention of it?
IMO that ad is nothing more than a pre order price. they simply used an ad from one of the other "B" chips and changed it to say 3.06ghz.
that chip only comes in ONE flavor.;)

looktall said:

Yes they do, I called today and they stated that they do have them in stock and ready for shipping... problem is, they're TOO darn expensive! I'm not looking for another C1 chip that's for sure.. I'm gonna get 2.53 :)

PS. If only googlegear ships air to Canada! :confused:

did you ask them why they have them before they have been released by intel?

jdmcnudgent, i don't follow what you mean?
did you mean my reference to "B" chips? i only said B chips coz i was too lazy to type 533mhz chips. :p

looktall said:
did you ask them why they have them before they have been released by intel?

jdmcnudgent, i don't follow what you mean?
did you mean my reference to "B" chips? i only said B chips coz i was too lazy to type 533mhz chips. :p
no, i meant that the 3.06 only comes with hyperthreading. and i dont think they would have it on the site if the couldnt ship.

yeah i saw a similar ad on the aussie ebay, except it was for a full system.

the lack of a pic should get the alarm bells ringing.
that P4 box pic is clearly taken from some website somewhere and i can say with 100% certainty that it isn't a 3.06ghz cpu box. :D

people like this pop up all the time when a new product is about to be released.

looktall said:
yeah i saw a similar ad on the aussie ebay, except it was for a full system.

the lack of a pic should get the alarm bells ringing.
that P4 box pic is clearly taken from some website somewhere and i can say with 100% certainty that it isn't a 3.06ghz cpu box. :D

people like this pop up all the time when a new product is about to be released.
if peeps were buying for that price, it would be smart to put on ebay and sell, and when auction is over, just buy from google, and make profit.;)

Back