• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2 ee overclocking friendly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

just got back from newegg's wistfully checking out the hugely expensive p4 ee chip($935). i was wondering with its huge cache, how much overclocking headroom it has? anyone know?

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Around 4GHz give or take a little with a prommy, or probably around 3.5-3.6 with water.

OP
F

flapperhead

thats about the same speed as my mo's stepping on air. but with that huge cache and the proc runnin at 3.6, it would probably give some big bm's

batboy

Senior Moment
I've been wistfully eyeing the EE's too, but too rich for my blood at the moment. Intel will have another major price reduction on February 15 and by then the Prescotts should of been released. Think I'll wait.

OP
F

flapperhead

Re: P4EE

darthdana said:
I have mine at 4010MHZ. 250FSB

May be able to get higher with the Asus board versus the Abit Max3 I have in there.

Been running fine, stable.

-35C at full load.

what a monster setup!!

Surfeit00

Disabled
batboy said:
I've been wistfully eyeing the EE's too, but too rich for my blood at the moment. Intel will have another major price reduction on February 15 and by then the Prescotts should of been released. Think I'll wait.

I thought the price drop was Feb 2?

Anyways, once the price drop happens, the 3.4 P4 EE will be $999. The 3.2 EE will probably fall in price.

batboy

Senior Moment
Intel seems to change things on a whim, but last I heard the Prescott was due out on Feb. 1 or 2, then they would have a price cut on Feb. 15 (I'm assuming they are hoping a bunch of rich geeks that wanna impress their buddies will jump to buy the Prescott at the higher introduction price). If anyone has updated info that is contrary to what I said, by all means post it so we are all better informed.

Mr.Guvernment

what re the speed expected for the prescott?

does anyone think that by 2005 we will have 5ghz CPU's?

in one article i was reading they had predicted we would have 25ghz CPu by 2010. - now that will be nuts!

25ghz CPU / 2g video cards - 1 terrabye hard drives / 150x burners

:D

mrgreenjeans

I doubt you'll get 150x burners, exceeds the capacity of the media, i.e; the damn discs'll fly apart. By then there'll be a different type media, probably something like a usb drives or the mini harddrives, the size of a quarter. I think the CD's have just about reached their potential under current manufacturing specs. DVD's might be hitting a 52x burn by then. That'll be nice!

OP
F

flapperhead

by then itll be a flash disc built from some kind of super ram...and we'll be makin fun of how slow the old p4ee's were! even the old people depends will have more cpu power built into the wetness sensor.. haha lol

Mr.Guvernment

LOL

wetness sensor

BUAHHAHAHAHAHA

i know 150x burner is not likely for cd's - i mean it already only take slike 2mins to do a 700mb cd and only 15 - well now 7mins with the new 8x DVD burners :D

dguy6789

1 terabyte harddrives will be availalbe in about 1 1/2 years from now. Harddrives are easy. By 2010, expect 5+ Terabyte harddrives.