• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2 Prescott D0 SL7KC @ 4.25ghz on $35 HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmzguy

Registered
3.2 P4 "E" D0 Stepping: SL7KC Prescott + $35 ThermalTake Spark 7 Heat Sink + Abit IC7 (no v mods) + Generic, underpowered 500W PS = 4.25ghz max OC, 4ghz stable

If someone will post them, i have pics.

dmzguy

If you mspaint them into the size requirements for the forums, you can post them as attachments. ;) I'd like to see the screenies.

What did you do to confirm stability?

4.25ghz

4.jpg

"what type of memory do you have"

OCZ PC3700 Gold only 2.7v it will do up to 260 with default timings, i got two good chips; I am going to be buying two 512mb sticks of Adata PC4000 after I confirm how they do after being fed lots of voltage...

Dmzguy

u have luck with ur chip so i hope u ll have luck with memory...
i ll planing to buy same memory , but after summer
pls keep post adata results
good luck

You don't have to get lucky, you just need to go buy an SL7KC; it's not luck; it's research.

dmzguy

u run it 24/7 @ 4ghz?

I can get mine stable at 4Ghz using 1.48-1.50V as Vcore but don't want to damage it straight away. I've settled for 3.92Ghz for everyday use. Vcore from 1.46-1.48V

dmzguy said:
You don't have to get lucky, you just need to go buy an SL7KC; it's not luck; it's research.

dmzguy

OK mister research...where cam we buy a SL7KC???? :)

I think newegg has the SL7KC now. Those temps have to be idle if you are using 1.55v and cheap air. Bet that thing is pretty toast under load. Wish I could benchmark my 3.0E at 4 gig.

Just installed my SL7KC

Just got my SL7KC yesterday and installed last night. Letting it 'burn in' at 225FSB (3.60GHz) until my Cooler Master Hyper6 arrives next week. Running 43-44C at idle; 60C under full load @ 1.4V.

Question for dmzguy: Is your chip stable running Prime95? Thanks -- this post is great news since I now have this chip.

By the way, you may be able to get them at PC Supply Source (www.pcsupplysource.com). They charge $8 to hand pick the stepping for any chip you want. Just e-mail your request to [email protected] and ask if they have your stepping in stock. They get back to you within an hour or two.

Load temps...

Looks like the 59C is at idle (no other tasks running in the taskbar).

YIKES...

dmzguy, How about posting some temps under full load (you might want to call the Fire Dept. ahead of time)

Back