• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.23 client beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's what I thought! I'll be doing more testing, but so far, it looks good.

Here's my test: (assumes that a WU has already been downloaded.

1) Exit the client. Close all internet connections.
2) Restart the client. Should resume without dialing the internet. Note which core you're using.
3) Close the client. Rename the core.
4) Open the client. Should detect the missing core. Will autodial the internet connection and start downloading the core. Success! :)

I'll let you all know if it correctly autodials to transmit my completed WU later today! Go PIII-S! :D -- Paul

Auto-dial SUCCESS

Just got home to discover that the beta console version successfully dialed the modem, sent result, and got the next WU. I'm in business!

For the details:
I'm in win xp pro, sp1
IE setting is "always dial my default connection"
And my modem is set to disconnect if idle for more than 5 minutes, so there's not much connection time wasted.

So, no more wasted production time at home! :)

-- Paul

Re: Auto-dial SUCCESS

macklin01 said:
Just got home to discover that the beta console version successfully dialed the modem, sent result, and got the next WU. I'm in business!

For the details:
I'm in win xp pro, sp1
IE setting is "always dial my default connection"
And my modem is set to disconnect if idle for more than 5 minutes, so there's not much connection time wasted.

So, no more wasted production time at home! :)

-- Paul

sweet! this is truly something huge then, hopefully they won't change anything and others won't have anymore problems!

FOLD ON
NAS

Indeed. I'm extremely happy with this new client.

And I've noticed too that if it can't find the server when it tries to transmit the results, it keeps it in the queue and contacts a different server for a WU. Every now and then, it'll dial up and try to transmit the result again.

I'm very happy wtih this beta client! -- Paul

Back