• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2C & Abit IC7 Max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loks

Just put it back in my rig and i need some overclocking help. i have had it in my living room for about 1 week since i received it back from Abit and decided to go with this one rather than the SOYO. SOYO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

i overclocked to 206fsb, DDR volt 2.8 AGP 1.65 and am at 3418.2 MHz

218fsb @ 3494.7 i tried to go up tp 219fsb and it got stuck on the HT screen. what should i do? i havent made any adjustments to the Latency timings on my memory. what should i set them at? im new to this whole overclocking thing. please help me!!!!!

try changing memory ratio to 5:4 or add voltage to memory and do manual memory speeds

when i get home later on today i will try to get to 3.6Gigs and go from there. i dont want to push it too much. Even though i havent changed the latency timings im liking the overclocking ability of this 3.2C. it looks promising!!!!! i will let you guys know when i get home today. wish me luck

i already had this Mobo but i burnt the CPU socket with a bent PIN so i had to RMA back to Abit. i knew it was going to take a long time before i got it back so i bought the SOYO Dragon because my cuz said it was a great overclocking MOBO and i never got to overclock it. Just errors all the time so the Max 3 finally arrived and after about a week or so i put it back in. Last night as a matter of fact!!!! Im at 3.5GHz. i am very happy at this point with the CPU and the MOBO

im at 3.5Ghz and my temps are at CAse33C CPU 45C but for some strange reason CPU Z isnt showing my ram. why is that? my timing are at 2-7-3-3 weird.

3.6GHZ and still going!!!!!!!! this is looking great!!!! how do i upload the CPUZ pics?!?

you first need to get them hosted then go click the little image thing while making your post and type link then what u want i to say (might be vice versa)

Phil

yeah i got it stable at 3725.3 Mhz last night. it has been on all night and runs great. idle temps are a little high though. 33C-48C i need a fan controller to boost up my Tornado. its at 4800RPM right now. i wanna get it to at least 6000RPM. just too lazy to put the potentiometer to the Tornado.

Make sure your memory timmings are compleatly relaxed (3-4-4-8). That will help you clock higher. What is your Vcore at? Don't be affraid to take it higher as your temps are actually quite good for air. Once you can't get any air shift gears and go to 5:4 divider. Your ram will be the thing that is holding you back at 1:1. You'll prolly have to switch to 5:4 at arounnd 3.7.

Back