• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E D0's at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Styyn

Just got my 3.2E from Newegg today, and to my utter surprise it's a D0! Going to tear down and rebuild my entire wc setup, however, so results are going to be postponed until later tonight :cool:

Sorry about the image quality, only have a shoddy webcam for taking pics.

Attachments

• SL7KC.jpg
    SL7KC.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 372

ReTiCuLeX

Wow dude, awesome! Let us know the results 8). I went for the D0 that's 1.4V because I was impatient =/ waiting for it in the mail. Atm I'm on 3.2E C0 atm @ 3.8ghz, does 4 but very unstable.

KrisMCool

His box says 1.4v, but that's not always accurate when there are multiple vids for procs with same / similar steppings. Good luck with that chip - hope she's a winner!

ronaldj23

Registered
Intel SL7KC link...

Here's the Intel link showing specifications including voltages for the SL7KC. I just purchased one yesterday from PC Supply Source (www.pcsupplysource.com) in New Jersey. They charge $8.00 to hand pick the S-Spec and as of yesterday, they have the SL7KC's in stock. They are about $15.00 more than NewEgg but with NewEgg you can't specify the stepping.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/sc...cFam=483&PkgType=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&CorSpd=ALL

I will post results when I have time to OC this bad boy...

situman

ReTiCuLeX said:
Wow dude, awesome! Let us know the results 8). I went for the D0 that's 1.4V because I was impatient =/ waiting for it in the mail. Atm I'm on 3.2E C0 atm @ 3.8ghz, does 4 but very unstable.

how is it going so far man

OP
Styyn

Styyn

Sorry about the delay; real life has a way of interfering with my oc addiction sometimes. Anyhoo, got it up to 3.84 1:1 @ 1.46v, game stable, but not prime stable. Takes a bump to 1.5125v to get prime stable for over an hour, but after an hour I was also up to 59c (as reported by my MAX3) on the CPU and PWM...on water. I'm hoping the AS5 is still settling and the temps will come down over the next couple of days--I can smell 4ghz just around the corner.

Later tonight I'll make a run at 4ghz and post the results :cool:

ReTiCuLeX

Very nice! My C0 on vapochill xe takes 1.46v to get it prime stable and game stable @ 3.84Ghz as well. I just bumped it to 3.91 245x16 so far so good 8), when I get my D0 and have time I will be fiddling with that it's a 1.4v I got coming, is that what you have also 1.4v d0?

Myhre

ouch....3.2 and only getting 3.84 with the vcore bump? Sounds like it's performing on par with the batch of 3.0's that Batboy, Krag and I got. I run mine everyday at 3.75 1:1 @ 1.537 totally stable. Kind of a disapointment after all the hype over these chips. Oh well....hopefully yours just has to settle in and then it will get some better clocks

OP
Styyn

Styyn

Well the good news is it'll hit 4.0 5:4 @ 1.5125v. Took a bump to 1.5375 to get it Prime stable for over an hour. From there it took a bump to 1.5625 just to get it into windows at 4.08 5:4/3:2. I think my biggest problem is heat: I hit 62/65c cpu/pwm, respectively at 4.0 1.5375v. Only have a single BIX in push/pull, but without shrouds due to the space constraints of my P160. I've probably got too much money into this addic..er, hobby for now, so gonna have to put off a decent double core and new case for the time being ;)

I'm also noticing some fairly heavy undervolting under load: vcore dropping .1v and 12v rail dipping to 11.92v, as reported by MBM. My PCP&C 510D seems up to the task as neither reading fluctuates at all, but it's still mildly disconcerting to see them dipping that far at all.

A couple of other observations/concerns:

My Sandra Drhystone score fluctuates randomly from 9,7xx to 10,7xx at 4.0. I guess I've never noticed this with my 2.8c (R.I.P., GNDS) or XP1700, so is this something to be concerned about?

At 240 1:1 AAADD I'm getting about 100mb/s more than my 2.8c at the same settings. But on the other hand, I simply cannot run 240 1:1 SEADD as I was doing with the 2.8c. So on the bandwidth I'm breaking even, but am gaining cpu speed.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple other things I'm forgetting, but it's 4a.m. so that's to be expected. I'll post them later as they come back to me :)

ReTiCuLeX

I noticed under volting as well under load. I was running prime 95 at 1.550 vcore and it had said my vcore was 1.46-1.48 under load, so I was unable to get my cpu stable @ 4Ghz, and am still working on it; while I wait for the D0.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I installed my first Preshott yesterday to test out, a 3.0 C0 stepping... man these suckers are power hungry! My PCP&C reported 11.73V on the 12v! With my Northy at 3.9 and 1.65V, my PSU is happy at 11.92V in MBM. I got the Pressy to 3.9 at 1.525V in bios but that dipped to 1.46 or so loaded. My full load temps weren't bad on the Max 3, 53C load with a PWM of 58C. My case has 15 fans in it too... 9 120mm's and 6 80mm's. PWM with the northy is 43C at 3.9. Now the ?? of the day is, what is the real world diff between a northy at 3.9 and a pressy at 3.9 other than HEAT, lol. My northwood has seen 4117 Mhz, not stable but doable for screenies. SuperPI is identical with both CPU's at 3.9. My Northy's full load temp is 39-40C, of course my northy has been stripped of it's IHS, it is a 12 cap SL6WK stepping. I like the 1MB of cache, but does it make that much of a difference? I don't run Seti so... Think I'll wait to see the results of the D0 steppings.

batboy

Senior Moment
Yep, the Prescotts run warm and are power hungry. Mine undervolts during load too. At 3.8 gig, my 3.0E beats my 3.0C in super pi. The Prescott also seems to do a little better in Sandra memory bandwidth and PCmark2002 memory scores. The rest is sort of a toss up at 3.8 gig. Guess I need to take some time and do a more scientific comparison between my two CPUs since right now I'm using different mobos, differnt RAM, different cooling, and different OS.