• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.3 V line REALLY LOW! 1.57 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

On the new PC I just built I noticed today my 3.3V line is 1.57 V !

my 12V line is 11.86 V and my 5V line is 5V.

Should I be concered with that 3.3 V line??

I'm using an Antec 430 Watt True PSU.

here are my other specs:

Epox 8K5A2+
AMD Athlon XP 1600 + (not OC'd......... yet)
Geforce4 Ti4200
512mb Kingston PC2700 RAM
Seagate 40gb 7200rpm HDD.
Win XP Home

I'm using MBM and Speedfan to monitor and they both give me the same readouts.
What else do you need to know?

What causes a 3.3V line to be so low?

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Does the BIOS give the same reading? I don't see how that PC could even function if that were correct.

Yodums

Set your sensors to 8KHA and.. your -12v should be your actual 3.3v. The reading of the 3.3v is actually the AGP Voltage.

OP
gingo

gingo

How do I set the sensors to 8KHA ?

my -12V right now is 1.87V.

It says the same in BIOS but it doesn't lable it as 3.3V. it said something else.

Tipycol

Is this the only board with this incompatibility with MBM and Speedfan? Or are there others?

Thanks

Tipycol

OP
gingo

gingo

Ok, I did that and now my 3.3V line is 3.26V. Oh well, at least its better than 1.57V lol. I still think the rest of my voltages are kinda screwy.

12V - 11.86

5V - 5V

3.3V - 3.26V

-12V - 2.61V

-5V - 0.00 V

Vcore - 1.74

Kinda screwy if you ask me.....

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I remove the one that doesn't get monitored on my 8KHA+s (-5v) and on change the -12v to read vdimm, as it shows memory voltage.

I know this for sure because I volt modded my ram:)

The voltages you have look ok to me otherwise:

12V - 11.86 touch low, but fine

5V - 5V right on

3.3V - 3.26V well within tolerance

VDimm - 2.61V ram set to 2.6v?

Vcore - 1.74 good

Not sure about other boards, but I think there are others that have specific settings as well, and many need to be fine tuned for specific mobos.

Daemonfly

Too many different mobo configs around, so you have to pretty much customize MBM and test the configs to make it work with whatever mobo you have.

I have an Albatron and just let the computer temps stabalize, restarted & checked BIOS temps & voltages, then went into MBM and picked & tweaked until I found the correct settings.

ronin1967

It's not an incompatabilty, EPoX relaized the negavtive settings were useless so they use those sensors for more practical things, problem is MBM5 labels them wrong, but you can correct that error and change all the labels to reflect things by altering MBM5, it's easy...