• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.4 cats...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Well I've read abouyt them ewhre a bit back few days... so I decided to upgrade from the 3.2's, and i mist say they suck less video quality, less performance, less everything "less fps, haha" so im going back to the 3.2's, anyone else get bad results with them ?

PreservedSwine

Sorry, they're doing great in my little old R8500- especially like the new color tab on the new control panel....samll, but decent boost in games as well.....I didn't like the CAT3.2's I went back to the 3.1's, hehe---go figure

xbiker321

maybe you should get the Omega Drivers, much better gaming performance/quality and they arnt doing to bad in 3DMark either :)

Spyder_360

Registered
I had the same results as DDR-PIII with my 9800 pro. I'm absolutely sure i uninstalled the drivers correctly because after they didn't work the first time I completely reinstalled windows on a different partition and got the same results.

OP
DDR-PIII

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Super Nintendo said:
no, I haven't they work just fine. Did you uninstall the 3.2 like your suppose to.

no.... i had formated my system, I ha thought they were gonna work well so I decided to format.

skid

No problems here... other than 6x AA still don't work at 1600x1200

Perre

the 3.4 cats worked just fine with my 9700 PRO sapphire card..., BUT I had those damn texture issues with GTA Vice City...so I changed to the new omega drivers and Voilà!....everything works just fine....

fuzzba11

Caused serious problems when I installed them on my Sapphire 9700 Pro...windows boot screen got scrambled while loading, tried a few more times with no luck. :(

hobo

Perre said:
the 3.4 cats worked just fine with my 9700 PRO sapphire card..., BUT I had those damn texture issues with GTA Vice City...so I changed to the new omega drivers and Voilà!....everything works just fine....

Hi, first of all, thank you all for this great forum :)
And now... tell me what kind of texture issues you had, im using 3.4 with a 9800 pro and the textures seem to take ages to load, was that your problem? How can I solve it? With the omega drivers?
Cheers

hobo

juliendogg

maybe these drivers are optimized for r8500??

LMAO, j/k obviously. but the cat 3.4's work great on my lil' old 8500 too, got about 300pt boost in 3dmark, and iq seems much better.

enjoy,

J.

HOBO, welcome to the forums! the omega drivers are great to use especially if you're having stability problems from the ATI drivers. I've had great luck with them in the past...

J.

hobo

Hi, after reading the enormous gta vice city thread in the games forum i've found out how to solve the problem, someone says there that some videocards (like 9800pro, i think) are too damn fast for the game's graphic engine (lol), so, in order to solve the texture problem you have to turn on the frame limiter, everything is fine now.
Thank you for the feedback

hobo