• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 BILLION!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
superducky just earned 3 billion! WOOT! Please reach out to him and congratulate him.

News of his impending passing of me are greatly exaggerated by the fake news. On the day that he does pass me... it's all lies. I have never been passed ever in the history of folding. I've been folding since the late 1800's and have yet to face defeat.

Good job superducky and sorry that you will never pass me.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
It's a good thing there's so many who believe fake news these days! You're in! :clap:

Congrats superD!!!! :)

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Don just keep telling everyone that at Quadrillion the stats reset to one....so your on your second or third quadrillion...:thup::comp:

Congrats on the 3 Billion 'Stone S Duckey :cheers:...

Feel free to keep trying to pass me...Never going to happen:p:p

superducky

Team 32 Folding Member
Ha! Thanks much folks. I didn't even realize I had passed the 3b threshold, there's another goal which is more pressing on my mind. ;)

I hope and anticipate that our team numbers will keep heading in the right direction as 30 series GPUs actually become generally available. I ended up breaking down and buying an Alienware [first prebuilt desktop ever, for me] to get a 3070. That extra 2.75m helps a lot!

I have budgeted for a 3080 if available at some point this year, the 1070 is the weak link in the farm and its about time to put it out to pasture.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Ha! Thanks much folks. I didn't even realize I had passed the 3b threshold, there's another goal which is more pressing on my mind. ;)

I hope and anticipate that our team numbers will keep heading in the right direction as 30 series GPUs actually become generally available. I ended up breaking down and buying an Alienware [first prebuilt desktop ever, for me] to get a 3070. That extra 2.75m helps a lot!

I have budgeted for a 3080 if available at some point this year, the 1070 is the weak link in the farm and its about time to put it out to pasture.
That is one of the reasonable ways to a 3000. It's cheaper to buy a whole system to get a 3080....We can always rebuild it later.

OP
don256us

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
That is one of the reasonable ways to a 3000. It's cheaper to buy a whole system to get a 3080....We can always rebuild it later.

With the exception that so many of the parts are proprietary from Dell/Alienware.

superducky

Team 32 Folding Member
True, but I have been pleasantly surprised with the build quality and lack of bloatware in the OS. I didn't even bother to blow it away first thing, which given Dells of years past, is saying something. Would I have done it non-pandemic-chip-crisis? Absolutely not. Do I regret it? Nope!

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I jumped the gun last year & built my new Ryzen system before the new video cards launched. I had this new 3800xt/X570 rig with a GTX 970 in it. I thought, sure I'll grab a RTX 3080 at release & be good for [email protected] & msfs2020. The only RTX 3080 I ever saw was in a Microcenter PowerSpec pre-built that was basically the same box I already owned. Such a frustrating time. I finally found my AMD 6800XT at newegg for a price I was willing to pay, but way over msrp. Glad I jumped when I did because they have done nothing but go up in price. Happy with it - msfs2020 looks amazing with it.

SuperDucky, congrats again on the 3 billion and finding a nice pre-built with an RTX 3070 in it!

superducky

Team 32 Folding Member
Thanks JLK! (They're in stock in Duluth MicroCenter, just behind the counter, you have to ask ;)