• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 computers off a hub?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

okay i figured out my problem from my other post... I can only see 2 of the 3 computer connected to my hub (linksys 5port hub +uplink) now the 3rd computer just blinks like mad on my hub but i can't see it.

How do i fix this?

cause i really wanna set up one of these like a server so the other two connect through it to the internet.

i got that part figured out

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Make sure it's not connected to the Uplink port or the one immediately next to it as it is often shared with the uplink. Other than that, unless the port, cable or NIC is bad, it should work if configured like the other two PCs.

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

nope its not connected to the uplink at all.. whenever i try to add a third computer the activity light on my hub goes nuts for the 3rd computer....

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

when i restart the 3rd computer doesn't matter which one, when i boot into windows it says
" Bogus is not accesseble
the requested resource is in use."

yes all 3 computer are using the same workgroup name

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

yea!!! thanks johnny... although the hub still appears to be on crack i can now see all 3 computers....

now i jsut have to renable my ICS and ill be good to go with another rig up for folding

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

another problem... how do i get my ICS backup and running cause right now i can't get online using the other computers i mean i can see all 3 on each of them but can't use the internet on the other two right now....

i basically followed this http://www.homenethelp.com/ics/ics-install-s2000.asp website last time tosetup everything up... the only difference now is that their are 3 computers and each one has a IP

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

okay i got 1 of the 2 other computers working.. im currently typing on it... its got 98 on it, i ended up ditching the IP for this one and putting in the IP of my "server" as the gateway and it works... now i just gotta see if the other comp works cause i tried to do the same thing but its running w2k so in order to put in a gateway i also had to give that one a IP

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

nope can't get w2k to work... i did assign it an IP and the Gateway but it wouldn't work so now im trying like ihad it before obtain IP address automatically and no gateway

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

thanks for you help guys.. what i ended up doing was assinging 98 with a IP (i think) and setting the gateway for the IP that my server is running then on my 2000 machine i setup the gateway (using the advanced tab) without having to assign it a IP and all is working well.. im sharing internet and files and IM ONE HAPPY GUY NOW!!!!!!!1 woooooohooooooooooooo