• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3080 FE vs evga 3080 xc3 ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thulsa Doom

I have a sealed 3080 FE and someone wants to trade me a sealed 3080 xc3 ultra. Is this a bad idea? are the evga 3080s as bad as people are saying or is that just a few people that got bad cards? I've always used evga cards and would have just bought one but now i don't know if i should trade or not. There warranty is awesome and I checked with CS and they said it would transfer to me. are the FE cards binned that much better? should I make the trade?

OP
T

Thulsa Doom

I want to but then I hear so much negative stuff about the evga cards.. sigh and i have always owned evga cards since the 8800 gts i bought from them

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I don't know what you would have heard? But I would do it immediately. The cooler is far better on the evga card than the FE. Assuming you get the full warranty and such as well.

I have two evga 3080s, one ftw3 air and one hybrid. The hybrid had a pump issue but they replaced the card quickly with a advance/cross-ship rma. The other (air) is whisper quiet.

OP
T

Thulsa Doom

I don't know what you would have heard? But I would do it immediately. The cooler is far better on the evga card than the FE. Assuming you get the full warranty and such as well.

I have two evga 3080s, one ftw3 air and one hybrid. The hybrid had a pump issue but they replaced the card quickly with a advance/cross-ship rma. The other (air) is whisper quiet.

thank you people I think ill try and trade for the EVGA There RMA service has been amazing with me

OP
T

Thulsa Doom

Then don't the FE is also a good card.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the evga card thank you people

iamodtst1

bad? jesus my 2nd system has the EVGA 3080 ftw OC ultra - Put the XOC bios on it from the evga site and man its the fastest most stable thing on earth but sucks up the watts like a dyson hoover lol :shock:

lordkosc

Evga just emailed me , got dibs on a 3080ti Ftw3 Ultra gaming for another 6 hrs. With discounts (spin the wheel thing awhile ago) it would come out to just under $1200. This seem like a good deal?

I haven't followed the TI cards much, as I've been trying to get a founders 3080 from best buy, with zero luck.

Ugh my 7700k is gonna be a massive bottleneck right?

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Evga just emailed me , got dibs on a 3080ti Ftw3 Ultra gaming for another 6 hrs. With discounts (spin the wheel thing awhile ago) it would come out to just under $1200. This seem like a good deal?

I haven't followed the TI cards much, as I've been trying to get a founders 3080 from best buy, with zero luck.

Ugh my 7700k is gonna be a massive bottleneck right?
BUY IT NOW:thup::thup:

That RTX 3080 TI is closer to a 3090 than it is to a RTX 3080. You can sell it in a heartbeat if you don't want it. I'll drive to your house and buy it (After you properly place it in the classies according to forum rules:p:p)

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
And the evga cards are better than the founders in pretty much every way other than price

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Congrats!

If you do decide you don't want it and put it in the classifieds, I might race Dfonda. I'm closer too. :)
LK is going to keep that GPU...but I'm retired...so I'll have a head start...;):sn:

T, were you on vacation and the farm went down?

torin3

LK is going to keep that GPU...but I'm retired...so I'll have a head start...;):sn:

T, were you on vacation and the farm went down?

Yep. power went out. I'm on the western side of the state at the moment. I'll be home Saturday night.