• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3080ti LC / 6900xt LC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Killerrf

Registered
Hello. Who has had either of these cards? Have good luck with them?
Asus gigabyte evga?

Makes sense to water cool Gpu and leave cpu air cooled since gaming cpu barely sees 30% load ever. With bulk of Gpu heat out rad everything else in case Should stay way way cooler.

I don't have a Ti but I do have an eVGA 3080FTW and it put out a ton of heat before I water cooled it. Also the fans were very loud at full speed. Definitely worth it to watercool for the noise alone.

Water cooling just the GPU would be fine but if I were going to through the time and effort of building a loop I would (and do) water cool both the GPU and the CPU.

Same here...I use a an AIO for the Cpu just better air flow and looks.

The 3080 in my gaming rig as an EVGA AIO as well. The rest of my GPU's do not.

I have two EVGA 3080 cards. One FTW3 with the air cooler and another with their Hybrid/AIO cooler. Both work perfectly fine and keep them respectively cool, especially if you aren't mining with them. If you are mining you generally want to look at the thermal pads on memory/etc but otherwise it's not an issue.

But agreed that if you are going to WC the GPU with a custom loop just do both at once.

GPU on water and CPU on air? Better pick the right case for that combo.
Most cases don't have rear 240mm/280/360 radiator support, so your choices are top, side and bottom. Top not optimal because it will be obscured by CPU heatsink. Bottom is bad placement for exhaust (and for AIO radiator in general), that leaves only the side, maybe with something like O11. And you will need some reverse airflow (not front->rear, maybe bottom->side).

GPU on water and CPU on air? Better pick the right case for that combo.
Most cases don't have rear 240mm/280/360 radiator support, so your choices are top, side and bottom. Top not optimal because it will be obscured by CPU heatsink. Bottom is bad placement for exhaust (and for AIO radiator in general), that leaves only the side, maybe with something like O11. And you will need some reverse airflow (not front->rear, maybe bottom->side).
true the case is a CM h500. would have to take both 210mm fans off and place cooler in front and change case flow around which wouldnt be hard. no custom loop being built was just looking at one of these hybrid gpus. since cpu never gets used hard on this sytem other than running a benchmark the odd time. like sapphire toxic 6900xt with 360 rad which would fit in front of this case. should probably wait to see what new versions of amd cards will do. i doubt any company will have double the performance cause currently at their current performance and power loads some heavy duty cooling will be needed unless their gpu has become extremely efficient on this up coming next gen. time will tell.

true the case is a CM h500. would have to take both 210mm fans off and place cooler in front and change case flow around which wouldnt be hard. no custom loop being built was just looking at one of these hybrid gpus. since cpu never gets used hard on this sytem other than running a benchmark the odd time. like sapphire toxic 6900xt with 360 rad which would fit in front of this case. should probably wait to see what new versions of amd cards will do. i doubt any company will have double the performance cause currently at their current performance and power loads some heavy duty cooling will be needed unless their gpu has become extremely efficient on this up coming next gen. time will tell.
With the H500 what I would do is put the radiator up front as exhaust, 2x 200mm top as intake, rear fan as intake, and point CPU fans towards the front. Remove the front dust filter and keep only the mesh otherwise it will reduce the airflow.

Back