• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

333fsb CPUs at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These prices are the way AMD need to go to stay a float, can you think how goo AMD cpu`s would be if they had the development budget Intel have, i think we need to bite the bullet and help them by buying these CPU's.
Ferret

I'm not sure if this pricing is all that great. My experience is that having 2600+ and 2.6 GHz P4 the same price will only favor Intel for 2 reasons:

1. Intel has a better brand image right now - Joe Shmoe will go for Intel if it's the same price as AMD for a competetive chip.

2. Intel chip + Intel board (the new 845PE board is very reasonably priced and very well equipped) = stability and compaibility that no AMD compatible platform can match.

So I'm not convinced that these prices help AMD.

Anyone noticed the 2600 and 2700 at newegg both list as 2.13GHZ?

2. Intel chip + Intel board (the new 845PE board is very reasonably priced and very well equipped) = stability and compaibility that no AMD compatible platform can match.
That rumor is still going around? I have NEVER had any problems with my AMD setup, so that "stability" stuff is BS.

the AMD XP 2600+ 333FSB version, its actual running speed is only 2067 mhz. I think 2700+ is only have a gain of additional 67 mhz, that would be 2133mhz.

You can't say the 2600+ running at 2067 mhz as 2ghz because it would be the same as 2400+ which marketting people wont like that making 2600+ 333FSB sound cheap (not in terms of dollar). I suspect AMD 2600+ 333FSB are overclocked AMD 2400+ 266FSB and AMD 2700+ 333FSB are overclocked AMD 2600+ 266FSB

However, I have no prove, not evidence to back it up and it is just only my own opinion and I hope AMD will not sue me for making this kind of assumption. AMD... they makes good CPU... they are good guys and I hope my assumption will not p.i.s.s off anyone or start anykind of debate ..... :cool: enough *** licking.

If my memory serve me correct, Intel did similiar kind of things and probably stilling doing now, sell Pentium II 400 as Pentium II 350. However, Intel is downclocking.

ya i think this whole 333fsb cpu thing is real stupid why doesnt amd increase the fsb AND the mhz rather than upping one and downing the other. it is not hard to get any amd cpu to run at 166mhz and since no current board has a 1/6 divisor, except for the iwill one, you wont be able to oc that high!

by increasing the fsb all you are doing is helping the memory score

Back