• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

370GU CPU Upgrade Adaptor / buy or not ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taisho

Hi to all,

i read lately an article about the above mentioned adapter...

is here someone who got that adapter ? is it worth to buy ?

i read here last week that this adapter from upgradware isnt so good because of the fact that it has got a predifined Vcore, so you can't change Vcore manually.. and for this it would be riskfull to buy that adapter because the Vcore would cause probs...

I read the review by THG but i didn't something about the Vcore... also on upgradeware.com.

I myself has got a Soyo 6vca Slot 1 mobo with Via Apollo 133 A and the Asus S370 - 133 Slotket.

DonP

Registered
I bought a pair to go with my Acorp Dually, but prices for P3-s processors are still too high, so they are still in the box.

I've done the tually hack (hide pins, add jumper) a couple of times without a problem, so I'm not sure what posessed me to purchase a pair of they things.

At least the voltages will be correct. Frying a cellery is one thing, frying a pair of P3-s's is quiet another.