• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3cmlink.exe error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

Whenever i sign on to the internet i can view webpages for about 3 minutes. After that i get a 3cmlink.exe error and then i get kicked off the internet. The 3cmlink.exe is in my WINNT folder. What is this and how can i stop it from getting errors so i can stay online for more than 3 minutes? Right now the only way to fix it is to restart, but then it happens again. If i just sing off and then sign back on the error message pops up and then i cannot even get the modem to dial out.

From the filename it looks like its part of a driver for a 3com card? You have a 3com card, right? Try reinstalling the drivers for your card and this should fix your problem.

I have a US Robotics 3com card. I reinstalled the drivers and so far so good. Knock on Wood. LOL :)

Hmmm, you have another card you can try out? It is possible that your current one is dying.

Download the newest drivers from there website. What slot do you have it plugged into? If you have it in the slot next to the AGP slot then move it over. If not then you can try to move it to another slot too. Just try not to use the one next to the AGP slot.

Edit: uninstall the drivers before you install the new ones

Well i just updated my ISP, to a newer version, and now everything seems to be running fine.

Back