• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D mark score,, you got to be kidding !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I wasn't talking about his gaming experience, I thought he had mentioned his TV was skipping, and as crappy as his video card is for any kind of gaming, it shouldn't cause his TV to skip.

Do you think a better graphics card would improve the picture and stop the stuttering when watching live tv via my skybox>> tv card.

I think the problem is we've got people trying to diagnose a myriad of problems in one thread.

Bottom-line rxkevco, yes a better card would much improve your benchmarks. But unless you ACTUALLY game who cares what your benchmarks are?

Secondly, the TV skipping most likely won't be solved by upgrading video cards, you've got a PVR-150 which should be hardware encoding your signal in the first place, you may have a driver or some other issue.

Sounds to me like your video card is not this issue at hand. You say you run a Hauppauge satellite card, that sounds fine. But you might be having a problem with the software you use to stream the live video or your satellite signal quality. What software package are you using to decode your satellite feed?

Hi ya rxkevco
If your still about 2 things

First: Your score in 3D 06 is right on the money for that card Ive just RMA'd my card soo Im using my back up, see picture below.

Second: Ive had a lot to do with tv cards over the years but take this for what it is as I dont know all the in's and out's of your setup.
As that card (tv) has hardware encoding/decoding which is the right way to go that shouldnt be it unless the card is faulty
Software decoding is well known for the kind of issue you speak of
One piece of software that I wont name on this forum you can use to decode sky/cable tv, the problem is the way it decodes with out getting into the whole thing, Things like sports when they do a pulled out shots theres not enough colours close enough together for the software to work it out so the picture becomes scrambled

I use the term "colours close enough" lightly as I dont personally like this kind of software, so Im not going to go into how it all works.

Attachments

• 3D 06 on X700se.png
    3D 06 on X700se.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 84
rxkevco said:
I have a Dell ultra-sharp 20.1" lcd monitor,,,dont come much better !!!

Its the envy of most of my gamer mates,, one or two of them have gone out and replaced their old lcd monitors with one of these, so cant be that bad.:confused:
rxkevco said:
I have a Dell ultra-sharp 20.1" lcd monitor,,,dont come much better !!!

Its the envy of most of my gamer mates,, one or two of them have gone out and replaced their old lcd monitors with one of these, so cant be that bad.:confused:
Yes they do!

I’m a publisher and a long time graphic artist. I’ve toyed with many displays. The only good looking LCD for under $1000 is the Viewsonic VP930.
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/proseries/vp930b/
And specifically the 19” 930, not any other model. The 20” is not nearly as good. Bigger is not better unless your talking about the penis.

In comparison all the others are lesser, grainy or blurry, blotchy and/or discolored.
And still, my 19” CRT is way better then that.

rxkevco said:
As the x700se is apparently " underclocked ", can it be overclocked,, or improved in any way ??
Its running 400/300 at the moment, which i am begining to realise is really **** poor, can it be improved ?

There is no way the missus is gonna let me spend another penny on anything to do with the computer, or the car for that matter ! ( RX7,s are good at emptying your wallet ), which is why i am asking about oc the x700.

As a side note,, i would just like to say, that i really have learned a lot about graphics cards in genral since asking a few questions around here.
Long way away from being very knowledgable,, but have certainly picked up a lot of advice which has helped me to understand gpu,s a lot better.

Thanks to all who have added to this post.
Cheers,, kev.

Yay fellow rx7 owner. (I have a 93 FD) :beer:

My system specs is similar to yours. Think I scored a 7300 or so in 3dmark05 (1900xtx).

Never tried it with my old video card (geforce 6600) 300/500. I'm guessing it would have gotten a similar score to yours.

Back