• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmardk2001 incompatible???? wtf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Location
Fayetteville, AR
i just downloaded 3dm2k1 and trued to run it, and n the first test it stops and locks up. It says that my accelerator selected does not support something or the other-what is the diference from 3dmark2k that i ran fine. I have directx8 for 2000, and the latest via 4in1 drives also i an useing the 1080's for nvidia?? any help appreciated!
 

YahooDave

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
I'm not exactly sure what 3DMark 2001's system requirments are. Did you check with MadOnion on that? You do have an older card and it might not be compatible with 3DMark 2001. 3DMark would dump on me during the first test and sometimes it would make it to the second test the first few times I tried to run it and then it mysteriously started working.
 

surlyjoe

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2000
Location
far west
win 2k and DX8 aren't as compatible as they would like you to think . I get about a 15% success rate with that combo, the other 85% are just like yours....pathetic :(

IMHO Win-ME is the only OS that truly works with DX8 at this time ,,getting it to work on any other OS is just dumb luck I think