• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark 06 gains on xfire 5850's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laluby

Registered
Need help, atm with only 1 asus ati 5850 i am getting around 21k 3dmark06 scores,

I just bought another asus ati 5850 and run at 23k 3dmark06 score.

I feel really riped off using 330 bucks for only a 2k gain, Could something be up or should i have expected this..

i have a core i7 920 running at 3.2 ghz its a soft over clock offered on my motherboard,A noctua heatsink forget the model but its huge. 6 gig ram 1600. asus rampage gene ii, 2x5850's,850W antec power supply,640 gig caviar black hd.

I feel as if my scores are very low considering what i have. all my drivers are up to date. and ive tried both cards individually and slot changed both work great.

Im new to this forum soo plz be kind and point me to the right place if needed.

Last edited:
OP
L

laluby

Registered
Dual 5870's and my i7 overclocked to 4.3GHz yields a score a bit over 29000 in '06. You need to o/c that CPU brudda!!!

LOL well matt what is the best way to do so on my asus rampage gene ii, cause this bio's is just intense, and i dont know what to do outside the 3 settings it comes with for o/cing.

thx in advance for anyhelp.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I'd head over to the mobo section and post some questions about o/c'ing on that particular board - several have it. Is your CPU a C0 or D0? What kind of CPU cooling do you have? Guessing your cooler is this one? http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/nospedse2for.html

...maybe you should just list all your computer specs. It'll help get us going.. What speed RAM, PSU, etc..

Last edited:

MIAHALLEN

Hey laluby...don't fret buddy...these guys know what they're talking about, your really bottlenecked by your CPU speed...read up on OCing that CPU and you'll be in good shape.

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
you can gain points, but it wont be huge between the 3d05 and 3d06 benches with 1 and 2 cards. Vantage on the other hand should show some good improvements.

OP
L

laluby

Registered
help again

you can gain points, but it wont be huge between the 3d05 and 3d06 benches with 1 and 2 cards. Vantage on the other hand should show some good improvements.

One thing i find i seem to kinda glitch in games more often with my xfire then just 1 card. i know they both work and both of my pci e are working fine,

i play left for dead 2 and day of defeat source mainly.

also if i use auto tune on my ati cards when i go 2 do a 3dmark06 it freeze's instantly.. hmmm

MIAHALLEN

auto-tune is a terrible feature, and has been shown to be very inconsistent...don't waste your time.