• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dMARK 2001 HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willlangford

Hey all. I can run my GF3 Ti200, at 260 up from 175 really well. I have a crystal orb in thier. but when i go to higher than that it works stable to 175, but it hangs a ton in 3dmark...whats it doing, and what can i do to fix it.

thanks,

~Will

o770

3dmark is one of the best programs to test when overclocking the card, so perhaps thats because youve reached the limit..
do u mean it will only run stable at 175MHz?

o770

btw, i will definitaly put a corb on mine. do u know how high you use to get the core before installing the corb?

o770

im sorry i dont understand you. how high you get it to run stable in 3dmark?

o770

well then, if you think the problem could be the program you can try re0installiung it. ppl have reported they got fixing issues by re-installing 3dmark.
3damrks will usually show an error message in a pop-up window. this is the kind of error that can be fixed by re-installing it.

IceMan3928

if i understand you correctly your asking what you can do to get your card to run at a higher clock speed stably. Try putting a fan on the back side of the card, look around for some guides to volt modding your specific card, invest in better cooling. umm... basicly the same stuff you do to get the speed of your CPU stable.

nodsetse

Good luck with the fan, but you may have reached the card's limit. I've got an MSI GF3ti200 64MB, and the highest I can do stable is 246/558. You've already got a GREAT OC! :)

o770

nodsetse said:
I've got an MSI GF3ti200 64MB, and the highest I can do stable is 246/558.

thats really impressive. is that with the stock cooling? i think maybe thats the highest i ever heard about this card.

nodsetse

o770 said:
is that with the stock cooling
Yes, stock cooling...though I did lap the GPU heatsink flat & smooth (only went to 600 grit) and applied a very thin layer of thermal compound. Great card, but my GF4 ti4200 is so much faster! :cool:

OP
willlangford

willlangford

here is my best overclock is 260 on the core. but the ram sucks hard....500. once i get a fan to cool off the copper i think i will do way better. the core i am happy with but wouldnt mind a little bit more. the ram is where im not happy at all. we will see how much it helps.

~Will