• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark only getting 95% FPS stability at stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

So I'm trying to overclock my 2080 Super and get a little extra boost, but even at stock, 3D Mark is only telling me I have 95% frame stability and thus doesn't pass....so its hard for me to figure out if any overclocking will throttle etc.

Any ideas what to look for?

Most cards have 95-97% at stock. I'm not sure why but some even underclocked stay at these %. You can check if lower GPU or mem clock helps or maybe lower temps/voltages.
I don't remember how it was counted but usually doesn't matter as long as the tests passes and you can't see any visible artifacts etc. When it's unstable then usually crashes without any result.
You can also try other tests as probably different tests will give different results. Typically more demanding are easier tests with more FPS. Then somehow graphics cards are showing any issues faster.

Back