• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark scores worse on XP?WT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

Mine just dropped by an amazing 900 points after installing XP. I just upgraded instead of full install thing. Is this the problem? What else could it be? I thought XP was faster. My frames seem to be better in game, but this horrid score is ****ing me off. Could it just be in 3Dmark, and have frames better in game?

You should always do a clean install (Format + Reinstall OS) from scratch and never do an upgrade install. There could be conflicts from other OS's that were previous in there and now you attempted to upgrade those files and that would most likely include your video drivers.

Im most likely going to wipe the harddrive and do a clean install tonight(when I get the info on how to do it on the OS board). I just installed the 40.72's and my score went from 6100 to 7119.
Before XP the highest was about 6980. I guess XP doesnt like those drivers that came with the card. Think they are the 27.20's

Your upgrade may retain unused registry entries, multiple DLL file versions, .ini files, temporary files and file fragmentation which all act like grains of sand in gears of a well oiled machine. That line my freinds says it all. ;)

drexel said:
Im most likely going to wipe the harddrive and do a clean install tonight(when I get the info on how to do it on the OS board). I just installed the 40.72's and my score went from 6100 to 7119.
Before XP the highest was about 6980. I guess XP doesnt like those drivers that came with the card. Think they are the 27.20's

Always get the lastest drivers and don't be out of date with the information posted on the boards. The drivers bundled with your card are outdated and the recent drivers have better support for recent cards. You'd be basically throwing a portion of the money spent on the cards if you don't stick with recent drivers.

Damn, I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the help. Im going to do a clean install in a minute.

thats nothing, I switched from a Soyo Kt-400 to a ABIT KD7-Raid.

and although it's just as good...
my 3dmark score went down by 1700 points and no one can tell me why, I flashed the bios reinstalled the OS, all drivers are the latest, all bios features are done right...

but still the score is very low...
really really ****es me off and all I can do is ignore it.
theres little I can do, it's pathetic really.

a 900 point loss sounds nice to me, 1700 loss is just annoying as all hell, especially when you start thinking of it, and theres nothing you can do.

Yeah, its horrible. You think your getting an upgrade, but you get a downgrade. Mines working now, but I felt your pain for a good half hour.:mad:

Back