• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED 3DMark TimeSpy released! Post up your scores!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't really understand this bench that well because two stock runs differed by 230 points... I changed nothing at all just ran the bench twice and received two different scores. I will post pictures when I get a chance and get everything dialed in.

I don't really understand this bench that well because two stock runs differed by 230 points... I changed nothing at all just ran the bench twice and received two different scores. I will post pictures when I get a chance and get everything dialed in.

Uh....230 points is well within the margin of error. You're talking about a very small variance in average frame rates to move the score 200 points. Like .5 fps..... That's pretty common. lol

Well that said Firestrike and 3dmark 11 only differ by maybe 50-60 points on stock runs. I know it's only a 3% discrepancy between runs it just had me baffled. I know I wasn't thermal throttling because my cards only hit 77*c max and the clock speeds held stable at 1220mhz the whole run.

There are so many things that can affect a run... that difference is nothing, really.

5694 980TI

spy.PNG http://www.3dmark.com/spy/101025

5694 - theELVISCERATOR / 4790K @ 4.6 GHz / EVGA GTX 980ti @ 1416 MHz + 1952 MHz.

Last edited:
Did a little more tweaking in the bios in the voltage table. Was able to hit the 6.5k graphics score I was shooting for. Not a big jump in overall score, but....I hit the target I was shooting for. I'm trying a few different bios versions tonight, see if any of them get rid of that nasty stutter.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/97041

6628 Spy x1.JPG

2106 - mackerel / 4360 3.7 GHz / R9 280X @ 1000 MHz / 1500 MHz

The GPU has BIOS edit applied to un-overclock and undervolt it to make the power usage sane.

timespy-rin.jpg

Damn, the 7970 is still a beast!

Running one on an AMD A4-4000 (yes, yes, yes!!! @4.3GHz, lol!), and it runs Battlefield Hardline maxed out in the mid 50's FPS. I LOVE this card!

Edited post #18 with correct format and newer run :) Still the only run from the RED camp :sly:lol

I posted one from red camp too :) Just need to wait for it to be updated.

Hmm... the low end seems to be mine... really want to get a 1070 on order, as soon as I find the right one at right price.

When you go so hard....

IMG_2957.jpg

I'm limited to 1400mhz on the 980's and 4.6-4.7 on the cpu before it crashes. I did not know when I bought a 650w psu that one day I would run sli.

I'm incredibly surprised you are seeing that, honestly. Did you bios mod the 980s? Let's say that 4790K is pulling 150W (its not), and those cards are doing 200W each (they won't without BIOS mods...). That is 550W. Give another 50-75W for the everything else(mobo/drives/fans/pumps), it should still run it.

How old is that PSU? I know the X series debuted several years ago.

I would grab an EVGA Supernova G2 750W. :)

Updated! Let me know if I missed anything. :)

I'm incredibly surprised you are seeing that, honestly. Did you bios mod the 980s? Let's say that 4790K is pulling 150W (its not), and those cards are doing 200W each (they won't without BIOS mods...). That is 550W. Give another 50-75W for the everything else(mobo/drives/fans/pumps), it should still run it.

How old is that PSU? I know the X series debuted several years ago.

I would grab an EVGA Supernova G2 750W. :)

Updated! Let me know if I missed anything. :)

i posted a result with my new 6700k but you only have my 2500k showing

The screenshot wasn't right... you need to show all of those things requested in the same picture. No worries, though! This isn't a competition, but that is why I left it off was because a single screenshot didn't have the requirements met.

I have added it. Just make sure that CPUz and GPUz are in the same screenshot with the score. :)

EDIT: I also added theelviscerator's as well....

Friends, let's get these screenshots right so I can add them! :)

@EarthDog

My Seasonic X-series 650w is only four weeks old and the reason why I purchased it was because of the great reviews. I found after testing it several times it only shuts down when I'm at 4.7ghz and 1420ish on the cards with fans at 100%. I turned down the fans to roughly 50% and everything was smooth then turned all fans to 75% and crash... I love my wife because after complaining to her about it she said you have a battery thingy with cables in the closet. It turns out I had a corsair's CX750M new in the box for a folding project I never completed that I forgot about. Problem solved :clap:

Also my score from post #26 isn't listed.

The screenshot wasn't right... you need to show all of those things requested in the same picture. No worries, though! This isn't a competition, but that is why I left it off was because a single screenshot didn't have the requirements met.

I have added it. Just make sure that CPUz and GPUz are in the same screenshot with the score. :)

EDIT: I also added theelviscerator's as well....

oh =| i did it in 2 screens cause i have speed stepping on so when i took the screenshot after the test (result) it was showing the wrong clock speeds.
But i did include the validation link too so that proves it was a real result.
i understand your position though

Back