• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark03 decreased?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

text

Registered
I flashed my pny 5900 ultra to 5950 and run it for about several months. Now I just have a chance to mess around with it and run 3dmark03 again and my score is like in the 3,000 range. I used to have a score in the 6,000. Does this mean my card is dead or going to be dead? BTW, I run the test now with the same speed as I did before.

MrBozack

It sounds like your card is getting hot to me. The BIOS is throttling it, dropping core voltage and speed to cool dopwn a little.

With stock speeds, my 5900XT 3Dmark scores dropped from 5700 to 4300 with 62.xx though saying that.

I'm not all that bothered because game framerates are up for sure.

OP
T

text

Registered
howlin..wolf said:
Sounds like you may have AA turned on
That is exactly what happens since I meant to turn AA on one of the game. I guess it turn into global. But did any of you get any kind of a blurry screen during cpu testing part of 3dmark03? I mean I can see planes flying but the texts at the bottom kinda blurry.