• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark2001 7100??? Am I doing something wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, am I doing something wrong, or do I just have crummy equipment... or both?!

My specs are listed in my sig, everything is running at stock speeds, and my temps are Case: 78-80F, CPU: 126-128F. But people with lower specs than me seem to be getting scores like 10,000+! What's the deal here?

I even have my settings in windows (like anti-aliasing and picmip turned down to best performance).

Any ideas?

DipStickTony

Yeah that is way too slow my little bro with stock 2000+ and o/c mx440 easily beats that.

Get the 30.82 drivers (They seem to work best)
Get an o/c program (I use powerstrip)

o/c the video card as much as you can

Not sure what kind of cooling you got...but you have a very nice o/c motherboard, so o/c that chip.

If you have a decent 1800+ it should do at least 150fsb at defualt multiplier of 11.5 (1725mhz). If you get lucky it may be able to do 166fsb at 11.5(~1900)...or higher.:p

OP
Amino

Amino

Do you think I can overclock my XP1800+ with the memory I have? And I'm not sure if I have an agoia or not either... I'm actually pretty sure I don't because I bought the cheapest 1800+ from pricewatch.

Also, what is powerstrip? and what' riva?

Thanks for the replies guys :)

The Coolest

Depending on your Full Load temps, if they are well below 50C you can start overclocking the FSB, your score might seem a bit low, because of a 1533MHz chip and its only running at 133MHz FSB, if you take the FSB higher (might want to unlock the CPU to get the full potencial of both mobo and RAM) you'll notice higher, and higher 3dmark scores, also overclock your video card, using the suggested above programs (Powerstrip and Riva Tuner).

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
Drop the multi and pop it up over 166 at fastest timings. She should hang in there and give a good improvement.

Which of course means you need to unlock it. This will bring a good deal more bandwidth.

OP
Amino

Amino

Ok, well I haven't unlocked it, but I tried running it at a lower multiplier and higher FSB, to get the stock speed at 1533, but then it wouldnt boot up. Is that normal? Will it work with unlocking it?

But in essence, is that what I need to do? and will an increased fsb increase the heat of my cpu? I don't really wanna over clock the speed per say, but I do want to get higher fsb rates. Also, do I have to get 333 memory in order to do this? Cuz what I have now is only 266...

And btw, what's riva tuner and powerstrip?

DipStickTony

riva and powerstrip are videocard overclocking programs...if you want ease of use, and something to be more cautious with get coolbits. They dont let you o/c very high compared to the other programs, but they make sure you stay in a relatively safe range.

you can get coolbits here....

after you install coolbits... just rightclick the desktop >> Properties >> settings >> advanced >> Geforce 3 >> Clock settings (or something like that)

Btw if you have the new 40.xx drivers I think they have o/c features built into them..

Good way to find out how much the card can o/c without hours of testing.....go in 5mhz increments on the core until the comp freezes, then back down 10mhz from there and you should be ok. Then for memory go 5mhz at a time until you get artifacts, or lots of colored shapes or anything wierd like that...then once again back down 10mhz and you should be ok.

If you o/c too much and the computer freezes nothing should happen to the video card so dont worry too much about going to far.

natopotato

seem right to me....

im getting 5200 with 2400xp and gf2 ti

but in any case is it 3dmark 2k1 "SE" make shure u have se

OC Detective

Amino said:
Ok, well I haven't unlocked it, but I tried running it at a lower multiplier and higher FSB, to get the stock speed at 1533, but then it wouldnt boot up. Is that normal? Will it work with unlocking it?

But in essence, is that what I need to do? and will an increased fsb increase the heat of my cpu? I don't really wanna over clock the speed per say, but I do want to get higher fsb rates. Also, do I have to get 333 memory in order to do this? Cuz what I have now is only 266...

And btw, what's riva tuner and powerstrip?
You cant adjust the multiplier without unlocking the cpu! You can only adjust the fsb if its locked hence the inability to boot. Unlock that sucka!