• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMARK2001 SE question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Babelfish5

Ok as you can see in my sig I have a GeForce4 440MX. When I run 3DMark2001, 4 of the tests get skipped due to no hardware support. I believe they are Nature, Enivroment bump mapping, and both of the pixel shading tests.

should I be able to run these tests? An if so what do I need to do to fix it? :eh?:

No, don't worry about them. The G4MX series doesn't have pixel shader, so those tests isn't supported by your hardware.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Welcome to the forums :)

and as Kato said, those test are indeed not supported by your hardware

Thanks for the welcome =)

it's a Chaintech GeForce4 440MX (don't know how good that is)

But the reason I ask about the tests is I'm getting just miserable benchmarks. So far I've topped out at 6707. Any suggestions?

Welcome Babelfish5. :cool:

Post a link to your score so we can look it over and maybe slide ya a few tips to increase the score a bit, if you would like.

my room mate at school has one of those... he's one of the unfortunate people who got shafted by gateway... he got a top of the line system (for the time), p4 2.26, 512 rdram, and the allmighty powerful geforce 4 440 mx :D they told him that the video card was top of the line... he kept talking trash to me saying that his computer was better because he had rdram and a 2.26... so i told him to install 3dmark 2001 se. i even optimized his settings for him and he got about a 5000 and i was running really close to 11,000 at the time (had my stuff oc'd) boy did he feel dumb :rolleyes: i told him that i'd let him borrow my card to just show him how much performance he'd gain by a new card, but he's against opening his case :) that's funny since at least 3 times a week i have mine cracked open for something... we're definitely opposites

Back