• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3rd party ATI cards??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brothernod

So when do we really start seeing 3rd party made 8500 r200 based vid cards??

I want an 8500 or 8500LE with a colored PCB or just made by someone with a great reputation....

will Gainward be making ATI cards??

And can someone explain the relation between the clockspeeds and the name scheme on the r200 cards??
thanks.

the only Third Party 8500 i recommend is the Gigabyte one, however it is quite expensive and for the Price a retail 8500 is probably better...the 8500 LE is clocked at 250/250 and regular at 275/275

I think I saw the gigabyte 8500le for $146 on pricewatch.

I've never really like gigabyte after that mobo I had of theirs. Are there vid cards good??

Gigabyte Maya 8500

The cards are on red PCB, they're bigger than Ati 8500's. They have big, silver-colored sinks on both sides of the pcb. Hardware monitoring for cpu temps, memory temps, 3 voltages, abilty to adjust fan speeds and core/memory clocks, all in V-tuner hardware monitoring. There is a small header for a 2nd fan. The cards come with 5 games. I'm still digging up information on these Maya cards... There is a vendor selling the LE version on pricewatch for $156 shipped. I emailed Gigabyte recently for detailed technical information about these 2 8500's, and am waiting for their response.

eh, I couldn't wait ne longer
I ordered the 64meg ati 8500 retail off newegg.

I really wanted a colored pcb with my vid card, but I'll live.
::sigh::

YAY, I'm replacing my voodoo 3

Back